three days in the vancouver/squamish area

March 22, 2018, 5:46 a.m.

hey. since ive never been to the area and want to make the most of this trip, im looking for the best way to spend three days riding in the area. im counting whistler out because im planning on taking a separate trip next year for that. im(a very capable rider) meeting my cousin(also a very capable rider) in Vancouver and driving around riding different areas and camping where we can. we arent to afraid of driving but don't want to spend a lot of our time doing it. what do people think. just trying to make the most of the trip. thanks!

Last edited by: work2playinvt on March 22, 2018, 8:04 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
March 22, 2018, 11:37 a.m.

Two days in Squamish and one in Vancouver to see the North Shore IMO. I would spend one Squamish day at Alice Lake, check out Rupert, Entrails, In-n-Out Burger, Dirks Diggler etc. the famous slab trails (if you want double blacks check otu Treasure Trail). Second day go to the Quest University side and ride Half Nelson, Angry Midget, Somewhere Over There. You can camp right at Alice Lake and ride from your tent but hard to get a spot on weekends, check the website for reservations. For North Shore probably go to Fromme and ride 7th Secret to Expresso or Ladies Only if you want a double black.

Use Trailforks to plan routes.

March 23, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

thanks man.  that sounds like solid advise and exactly what i was looking for.

March 24, 2018, 8:28 a.m.

curious where you are coming from.

March 25, 2018, 6:09 p.m.

haha.  vermont!  a long ways away.  my cousin moved up to smithers a few months ago and while im in reno this fall, i figured id shoot up and do some riding.