Sunshine Coast - outside the park

March 30, 2017, 10:10 p.m.

My girlfriend and I are taking a much needed break from school and work on the Sunshine Coast in mid-April. She will need to study a couple mornings so I am hoping to get some riding in. I will be bringing my dh whip for a day in the Coastal Gravity Park (first time!) but for the other mornings i will have my enduro bike (banshee rune). Does anyone have any loops or trail recommendations? My favorite types of trails tend to be on the more technical, loamy side as opposed to the flat out foot out jump trail, but a good mix is great too. In Whistler i spend most of my time in Garbo. 

I am currently living in Seattle, so hitting a rock roll or four would be nice if they exist up there. I need my fill.

Cheers,

April 8, 2017, 10:26 a.m.

A Rune would be more than enough for CGP unless you plan to hit the huge jumps and drops.   

Give West Sechelt pedalling trails and Roberts creek shuttle or climb up steep to ride down.  Trailforks is your friend.

May 31, 2017, 1:57 p.m.

I'm going to be doing the same this weekend, first time out there. Put together this ride plan. Does this make sense? Any changes anyone would recommend? Is there a proper climbing trail that isn't the FSR?

FSR > DNZ > FSR > I Trail > Cross Over > Mach Chicken

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/view/13146/

June 1, 2017, 11:21 a.m.

That loop makes sense and I don't think there is a climb trail there. If you have more time you could ride/push up to Built to Spill, super fun loamer style trail (or at least it was still loamer last time I was there last summer).