stairgaps?

Dec. 28, 2002, 7:54 p.m.

how???? they scare me i'm afraid of landing on stairs how do i overcome this fear?

tibial spine fracture.

Dec. 28, 2002, 7:57 p.m.

is this one good for a first time stairgap? http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=10700

tibial spine fracture.

Dec. 29, 2002, 12:08 a.m.

just give a small one a try……then work ur way up………ive never done any of the stair gaps in richmond……..or any where……..theyre all too big for me to work my way up

dmr trailstar lt complete street bicycle - sold

Dec. 29, 2002, 12:22 a.m.

d00d, that one in the picture is really easy, just go for it. just go fast enough and its no problem. i'm still having trouble working to bigger ones than that though:o

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

Dec. 29, 2002, 12:59 a.m.

Originally posted by = 4 1 3 0 =
just give a small one a try……then work ur way up………ive never done any of the stair gaps in richmond……..or any where……..theyre all too big for me to work my way up

Hit up that one on 3road between Granville and Blundell… It's really small, like, 2 stairs to 10 stairs, and gets you the flow down. Definetely a good skill to have. Then you don't get gay-kirills insulting you for not doing em :P

That looks like a great stairgap to learn on. Don't go too fast on them, if you case it it's not that harsh. Sometimes some stairs are harsh, some are super smoooth. Depends on their steepness etc. It's not a big thing landing on stairs though, you're going fast enough to just cruise through.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 29, 2002, 12:34 p.m.

^

tibial spine fracture.

Dec. 29, 2002, 1:47 p.m.

Try some that only have a few stairs then a gap then a whole bunch of stairs.That way all you have to do is pedal your ass off and not worry about casing or overshooting.When you land on the second set your going to fast to feel the bumps so its all smooth anyway

The smell is sublime

Dec. 29, 2002, 7:46 p.m.

Originally posted by 125
how???? they scare me i'm afraid of landing on stairs how do i overcome this fear?

Solution to:

1) How: Get on your bike and pedal like hell towards the stairs.

2) Landing on the stairs: I'm afraid of that too. That's why you land on the flat part.

3) How to overcome fear: Consume a generous amount of alcoholic beverages or equivalent and repeat step 1

Dec. 29, 2002, 8:11 p.m.

Originally posted by Corrupt Rodent
**Solution to:

1) How: Get on your bike and pedal like hell towards the stairs.

2) Landing on the stairs: I'm afraid of that too. That's why you land on the flat part.

3) How to overcome fear: Consume a generous amount of alcoholic beverages or equivalent and repeat step 1 **

Ummmm… No?

We're talking about stairgaps, not clearing stairs to flat. Why would you be scared to land on stairs if you're landing to flat anyways?!

A stairgap is clearing over a set of stairs, over the flat bit in the middle, and landing on the second set of stairs.

Dec. 29, 2002, 8:27 p.m.

Originally posted by Keefer
**Ummmm… No?

We're talking about stairgaps, not clearing stairs to flat. Why would you be scared to land on stairs if you're landing to flat anyways?!

A stairgap is clearing over a set of stairs, over the flat bit in the middle, and landing on the second set of stairs. **

listen to keefer…..he's stairgapper 2000……it's entirely a mental thing. Just ride at a good pace and if you are afraid to hop into the stairs just pull up and nose down……think of the speed you have to clear whatever set your doing and just take that same speed and nose instead of landing flat…….I suggest finding steeper stairs because it will be uber smooth……just think of…….drop to tranny with a little gap……..hope this helps

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

Dec. 29, 2002, 8:27 p.m.

**Ummmm… No?

A stairgap is clearing over a set of stairs, over the flat bit in the middle, and landing on the second set of stairs. **

Yeah i know what it is dude…

i'm scared of landing on the stairs cause i've never landed on them before… I usually land after the second one, and if it looks like I have to land on the stair part I just don't do it

Dec. 29, 2002, 8:31 p.m.

Originally posted by = 4 1 3 0 =

Do the front of kwantlin…like the 4/ 6 sets…there's no messing up…….you've got like infinite run up and it so wide you won't hit anything

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

Dec. 29, 2002, 9:51 p.m.

hit em up tupac, ur x-core xtreme you can do it:cool:

WTA
IDUN

Dec. 29, 2002, 9:54 p.m.

Hit up that one on 3road between Granville and Blundell… It's really small, like, 2 stairs to 10 stairs, and gets you the flow down. Definetely a good skill to have. Then you don't get gay-kirills insulting you for not doing em :P

its actually amusing watching him do stair gaps, every time i see huim do it, he hurts himself up the ass

and ass for what he says, i dun really give a bag of shit………hes got too much too say everytime we go for a ride……he shoudl shut his damn mouth

dmr trailstar lt complete street bicycle - sold

Dec. 31, 2002, 3:56 p.m.

Yup, true to that. Weren't you gonna meet him with a pipe somewhere?

And as for the guy that clears both sets to flat; those must be pretty pinner stairs. It's still not a stair gap. Some stairgaps are pretty big, if you clear to flat, it's at least a good 10 feet down. If you can't stairgap, I don't really think you're doing 10 feet to flat….

Jimmy, next time we go ride, we'll go check out that wooden one I'm talking about, or you can trail me or something. They're really not that hard.