So I went to Iceland last summer......

June 1, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

My amazing wife and I went to Iceland for our Honeymoon last year and had an AMAZING time. We obviously had to take our bikes with us…

When we landed in Keflavik Iceland :iceland: we arranged for Adventure Rentals to pick us up and take us to their office where our trusty steed was waiting for us.
We rented a Suzuki Grand Vitara, I asked for a one with a manual trans mission as I never learned how to drive an automatic transmission…. They were more then happy to oblige my request. We loaded our bikes and gear up and drove towards reykjavik .

They left us this note, two glasses and a bottle of champagne, great way to start the trip!!!!

We arrived in Reykjavik checked into our B[HTML_REMOVED]B and decided to walk around down town Reykjavik.
First stop was the famous Hallgrímskirkja church.

Here is the view from the top. It is the tallest building in Iceland.

Our friend Jonas told us about some racing that was happening while we were in town. http://www.hjolak.is/ I decided to enter the Enduro and the Urban DH race. The Enduro race was awesome and the vibe at the start line was so chill. Here is some more info on the race course. https://www.strava.com/activities/167910900

More to come……

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

June 25, 2015, 7:35 p.m.

sorry this is taking so long, I promise to finish it one day…… :fruit:

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

June 25, 2015, 7:37 p.m.

Just saw this now, very cool! I so want to go there.

June 25, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

m0ar riding pics! Did you win the race?

June 26, 2015, 11:32 a.m.

I got third in the urban DH and ninth in the 10km Enduro. Akureyri is an amazing area for riding.