snowboard park sessions on bikes are fun!

Jan. 5, 2003, 3:13 p.m.

just thought i'd share the story of my day i had today. got a call from my buddy jamie and him and a big group of guys were gonna meet at this snowboard park at the forks here. when i woke up this morning i had the feeling i do when it's spring.. really hopeful, and just really happy, so it was even better to see some friends that i hadn't seen since the snow came :) got there, and they had a big group of guys. heard the usual "hey it's a bmx, this is gonna be funny" bit, hehe it turned out alright tho!

they had a good snow downhill that was kinda rutted, into a nice step down, that proved for a lot of fun. i got some tailwhips in there, but didn't land any, but got my no footers going again, first time on my bmx. jamie was busting pretty big, and i got to meet up with some of the jump locals that showed up too, so that was awesome. my buddy collin was back for the first time jumping since he's gotten rid of the sling and his collar bone is getting better.

they had this sort of lookout style tower that was for the run ins for the snowboarders, and it had these 2 flights of stairs, one on either side. it was all wood, but there were these 2 inch wide handrails on each side going up the stairs. they were maybe down 10 stairs and pretty steep. me and jamie cleared a way on the platform, and jamie on his rm7dh went for a sprocket grind down the rail. hehe :lol: he hit it, and his rock ring bit in and he fell, but it was so awesome, he almost nailed it. i went to double peg it, but ended up getting an nosepick grind in halfway before eating it too :lol:

there was a stall wall that we'll try next time, and a nice double with a big garbage can in the middle too. there was a gap to box that i tried to double peg and feeble a couple times but got all sketchy hehe

anyways, this was kinda long, sorry for ranting, it was lots of fun tho, and i got to meet up with some good friends that i missed riding with for the winter. snow jumps are awesome, cause it's almost more fun to just bail trying new things that you're scared to do on dirt or cement. my bmx is like a beater now too so it was a lot of fun to ride and let some other people try too :) can hardly wait till next weekend to go again :)

leigh

T1
mr. sieben!!

Jan. 5, 2003, 7:01 p.m.

sounds like a rad time dude

i wanna take my bike up to mt washington and ride the snowboard park

Jan. 5, 2003, 7:24 p.m.

that sounds dope .. i wanna do that :P