Single Thirty-something? Wanna ride?

Aug. 24, 2005, 9:34 p.m.

yup i've been riding and trying very hard not to fall off :S it's not really working well so far but at least i'm not hitting the finger. i cant ride this week though, next week would be fine.

Ok - lets try to do a ride next week. I did a road ride tonight, and after some initial complaints from my body (we're doing what…??? exercise?!?), it felt great! :dizzy:

Aug. 25, 2005, 8:25 p.m.

Hey I'm popping back up out of the woodwork… back in town.
So the last group ride was a very fun, but claimed 1 finger a couple derailers and my own ankle! Carnage for such a quick and fun rip!
Oh well. I am up for low key as well. Next week is great. Tues anyone? SFU? Ned's?

Aug. 25, 2005, 9:41 p.m.

Hey I'm popping back up out of the woodwork… back in town.
So the last group ride was a very fun, but claimed 1 finger a couple derailers and my own ankle! Carnage for such a quick and fun rip!
Oh well. I am up for low key as well. Next week is great. Tues anyone? SFU? Ned's?

the only way i'm doing neds is if we do cbc first. every single time i hit corkscrew cold i crash, i need the warmup from cbc.

how was toronto?

Aug. 25, 2005, 10:06 p.m.

I still don't have my hardtail, and while I can pedal again, I'm pretty sure my ankle wouldn't like pedaling the dually up SFU yet. :(

But I'm crossing my fingers for getting it back at least on the weekend. Then I'll have a better idea of what I can do. My dentist lent me some 661 ankle braces to ride in too. :)

Aug. 27, 2005, 9:21 p.m.

I can ride on tuesday. CBC/Neds would be fun, but I am into sfu as well. 6:30 start?

Aug. 27, 2005, 9:35 p.m.

I'm in for SFU as long as I have a bike - won't be up to great things yet, but I'll be able to ride. 6:30 works fine for me. North Road parking lot or somewhere else?

Aug. 27, 2005, 9:58 p.m.

North road is good. You are still waiting on your hardtail? You should come out anyways, there will be no heckling for pushing up.

Aug. 28, 2005, 3:40 p.m.

North road is good. You are still waiting on your hardtail? You should come out anyways, there will be no heckling for pushing up.

Yeah, still no word - we were waiting for my new headset to come in. I can usually pedal my dually up, but I'm not sure what the ankle will think, and after almost a month off I'm really out of shape! But whatever, if you guys don't mind slow I'll come with whatever bike I have.

Tuesday at 6:30 then - on either a red Chameleon or a silver AC1.

Aug. 28, 2005, 9:07 p.m.

Great to see so many women riding! Wish it was that way over here.
Very impressed at the numbers and skills of the women on my two trips to Whistler (so long ago now - 2 seasons).
One young lady in particular played trail guide for a few runs. On the last run trying to stay with her on the Biker X course she veered off and sailed off the bigger of the GLC drops. Not wishing to cry out that I hadn't done that before (more like not wishing to dent my ego) I blindly followed. Forgot to lift bars upon lofting and last remembered that sinking feeling between my hands, I closed my eyes and chanted "you're on a rental, you're on a rental" and landed a smooooooth nose landing. Damn, I thought I was toast.
If anyone knows her pass on thanks, I think her name was Marcie.
Cool lady, great rider.

Ride the wave - don't wave the ride.

Aug. 29, 2005, 9:59 p.m.

Yeah, still no word - we were waiting for my new headset to come in. I can usually pedal my dually up, but I'm not sure what the ankle will think, and after almost a month off I'm really out of shape! But whatever, if you guys don't mind slow I'll come with whatever bike I have.

Tuesday at 6:30 then - on either a red Chameleon or a silver AC1.

I will probably ride a black rampage or maybe a six. See whoever is coming tomorrow!

Aug. 29, 2005, 11:02 p.m.

not me, sorry, i'm helping a buddy move and paint

Aug. 30, 2005, 8:53 a.m.

not me, sorry, i'm helping a buddy move and paint

Where are the priorities??????

That's too bad, would have been good to see you out there.

Aug. 30, 2005, 9:43 a.m.

I'm bringing a couple of friends, our plan is to ride the lower trails and then up to Mel's. See you there.

Oh, and I have the hardtail, so I'll be riding a red Chameleon.

Aug. 30, 2005, 11:12 a.m.

Where are the priorities??????

That's too bad, would have been good to see you out there.

oh i'm making sure he appreciates me sacrificing riding time ;)

i plan to ride all weekend :D so it's all good - hopefully it'll dry out by then too

Aug. 30, 2005, 12:36 p.m.

oh i'm making sure he appreciates me sacrificing riding time ;)

do tell…..