Single Thirty-something? Wanna ride?

June 21, 2005, 8:38 p.m.

I'm not Northshore Chica, I'm just taking part in the conversation on behalf of single female riders

June 21, 2005, 9:02 p.m.

I got into riding when I was really young. My dad always bought us mountain bikes, and having a place in Whistler really helped. In college riding was my release and then I tried racing for fun just to see how I could do. I've never ridden for a guy, and I've had a few guys try and get into riding for me, but it will never work. You have to do it for the love of it, and I do. But my group is slowly dying because of jobs, kids and wives. So I'm recruiting riders.

I also grew up on these mtn bikes. What kind of racing did you do? I converted from XC racing to the odd DH race but I'm just gravity junkie. And you speak the truth about needing to ride for the love of riding. Whats required to be recruited ;)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 21, 2005, 9:05 p.m.

I raced downhill at Big Bear 3 years ago. But only in the sport category, really it was just for fun. I admire those who race XC, it seems like so much work, but very rewarding. To be recruited, you just have to love to ride, and come out. This week I'm going to Whistler to ride for 4 days.

June 21, 2005, 9:54 p.m.

Hey all, What a giant can of worms I have opened!
I started riding 3 yrs ago with womens group. I have dated men who ride, but I don't always ride with the guys exclusively. So no, I was not coaxed into this by my partner. It's mine, it's mental, physical and a great release. That's why I like riding. I've also dated non-riders and think they are missing out on life!
That said. I am thinking of getting some interested people together next week to ride Fromme. Crickem anyone? 7th? if we leave early enough. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday evening? This oughta be fun!!
For the record, I think I'm not too hard on the eyes. And I happen to know lots of women who ride who are very pretty. And for the record….who wants to ride with a supermodel anyway!!!??? She might break a nail!

June 21, 2005, 10:15 p.m.

ha
we used to have "meet market" rides, they were called friday urbans :P
fun stuff

June 21, 2005, 10:21 p.m.

why am i in montana. :crybaby:

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

June 21, 2005, 10:22 p.m.

Come to the Kootenays, they don't call it man-land for nothing.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

June 21, 2005, 11:36 p.m.

Man I feel sorry for you guys on the coast if you don't see good looking ladies on the trail. I have yet to see an ugly one up here. And gimpy jr its Dirty Dave Diddler not the diddler. And there are a few ladies out there who know why. Hey Gimp we are riding powers and gillard on saturday are ya coming?

June 22, 2005, 4:49 a.m.

Hmmmm..

damn I'm not liking this province I'm in …..

Life Part 2

June 22, 2005, 8:09 a.m.

I ride with a couple of guys that are single (I'm not) and they seem scared to chat with girls on the trail. If you want you could join us.

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

June 22, 2005, 9:40 a.m.

sAFTETY loses his $10 bet. This is not a hoax.

It's not that anyone's trying to be an asshole, it's just that it's so unbelievable that a single woman that rides the shore would ever have a hard time meeting guys. I mean the shore has more single riders than Cedar.

OK though, you win. If you ever see a lanky 6"5 guy riding a custom painted white Brodie Demon (and you will if you keep your eyes peeled), stop me and demand your $10. This will give you a chance to get to know one of the many single 30-something men that I ride with while I rifle through my camelback.

iforonewelcome.com

June 22, 2005, 10:06 a.m.

How about late 20's and likes to ride bikes regardless of dateablitiy? Hoax or not, I'm in :)

I'm with you on this one, but not for another 6-8 weeks. Dirt Merchant ate my wrist on Monday. :(

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 22, 2005, 10:46 a.m.

I would be up for a ride on fromme seeing as how almost all my friends don't ride anymore. It makes it hard to get out and ride unless I go by myself which kinda sucks.

June 22, 2005, 11:55 a.m.

It's not that anyone's trying to be an asshole, it's just that it's so unbelievable that a single woman that rides the shore would ever have a hard time meeting guys. I mean the shore has more single riders than Cedar.

OK though, you win. If you ever see a lanky 6"5 guy riding a custom painted white Brodie Demon (and you will if you keep your eyes peeled), stop me and demand your $10. This will give you a chance to get to know one of the many single 30-something men that I ride with while I rifle through my camelback.

sorry, but i'm with the chica on this one. pretty much every guy i either meet or ride with on the trails is married, engaged or has a gf (or is too young).

June 22, 2005, 11:57 a.m.

sorry, but i'm with the chica on this one. pretty much every guy i either meet or ride with on the trails is married, engaged or has a gf (or is too young).

define "too young"

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.