Silver Star and Kicking Horse

Aug. 3, 2009, 8:21 p.m.

My wife and I are going on a non-biking road trip which just so happens goes past both resorts…..so I'll be throwing my bike in the pack of the van. As I've only got one day at each place, can anyone recommend the FUN trails that I need to ride? I've got all the gnar I want around here so I'll be looking for swoopy fast stuff, maybe throw in some big mellow jumps etc. Will be riding a 4x type bike (Brodie Dissident with Pikes).

Cheers ears.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 3, 2009, 8:40 p.m.

Silver Star is all fun: For the smaller bike, try laps of Shazam and Double Dog, or Rock Star for the bigger jumps. World Cup Downhill is also swoopy and fun with some wicked wall rides.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Aug. 3, 2009, 9:23 p.m.

Start with Superstar for a warmup. Lots of fun berms and small jumps. Rockstar for bigger berms and jumps. Shazam for bigger berms. Double Dog for steeper trail and features. World Cup for going fast - big walls, jumps, speed.

Aug. 3, 2009, 9:27 p.m.

Thanks guys. Sounds like a laugh. Hopefully I'll remember how to ride a bike more than 20kph after riding on the Shore all the time.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 3, 2009, 9:29 p.m.

Won't take long. For a big laugh, make Superstar the first run of the day and the last. You'll be surprised how much faster you pin in the last run down vs the first.

Aug. 4, 2009, 9:46 a.m.

I hit up both mountains last week and here's the lowdown…

For Kicking Horse the Rock Garden was pretty cool, then hit Showdown to Superberm. These are the "jump trails" although the jumps are small.

If you want something a bit gnarlier there is a couple hundred feet of steep rockface on Rock'n'Roll or take Time Travel to Pioneer. There are some cool stunts (Spiral Tap is my favourite)..the downside to KH was that everything in the "village" was shutdown at 5:30pm. Got down at the end of the day and had to drive back to Golden to use the washroom.

Have fun!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 4, 2009, 1:51 p.m.

flow is fun too

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 4, 2009, 9:56 p.m.

Tankyou peeps. It's also been suggested today that I get in a shuttle or two on Mt Seven but I guess my wife might have other ideas!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Aug. 24, 2009, 9:44 a.m.

Well, we decided to change the trip around a bit but I still managed to get an afternoon in at Silver Star. I wasted a couple of runs on stuff that was too easy ('Challenger'?!) and didn't really get into Superstar and the like, but then hit Rockstar. That was awesome! So I decided to just hit that four times to get back into teh steep jumpz. All in all a really good afternoon.

treezz
wow you are a ass