Rossland Road Trip

July 18, 2013, 10:11 a.m.

A group of buddies and I are planning a 4 day road trip out to Rossland in a few weeks, with the only planned ride being 7 Summits. I've heard there is lots of good riding in Rossland, and Nelson which isn't too far away, but are there any places anyone can recommend between Rossland and Vancouver that could break up the driving for the first/ last days? Looking at the map Penticton is one of the few places that I have heard of with decent trails that isn't too far for a detour.

Any suggestions? Or should we just head straight out to Rossland? :beer:

July 18, 2013, 12:53 p.m.

Stop at Christina Lake to ride the Deer Point trail:
http://www.muddbunnies.com/deer-point-trail-christina-lake-by-diana-walker/

You can even get in a mid ride swims either at each end or the mid point where there is a trail that drops down to a boat-in campsite.

July 18, 2013, 2:21 p.m.

^^ yeah that breaks up the drive pretty well. Or do a half-day ride in Rossy combo'd with the 6 hr drive, get in late.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 18, 2013, 8:59 p.m.

Thanks for the tip on Christina Lake, I'll look into that a bit more. It doesn't look much further west than Rossland though.

We'll end up doing a short ride on the last day almost anywhere since we're going to have to get a few guys back to the ferry, which puts on more pressure on sticking to a schedule. Google Maps is telling me that it is just under 8 hours from Rossland to the Horseshoe Bay ferry.

Anybody ridden Powerslave on trail bikes? Or any other recommended trails in Rossland or Nelson?

July 19, 2013, 12:26 a.m.

Just goto Revolution Cycles in Rossland and they'll hook you up with the goods in Rossland.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 19, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

Great trails and cool peeps in Rossland. The locals always deliver

July 19, 2013, 9:05 a.m.

If you're going via Hwy 3, you could also do a quick rip around the China Ridge trails in Princeton: http://www.chinaridgetrails.com/CR/Bike_Trails.html

July 19, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

There's also that new trail in Castlegar..about 30min drive from Rossland.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=155226

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 19, 2013, 10:56 a.m.

China Ridge could be a good way to break up the drive.

Hail Merry looks like it could be worth a couple laps.

Lots of good options!

July 22, 2013, 5:57 p.m.

Penticton is definately worth the detour. Good long dh trail near oliver\keremeos

July 23, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

china ridge trails are in Princeton.

easy shuttle up to a long bermy dh, or even easier shuttle to a 6km xc trail to said dh.