Road trip from OR!

Sept. 29, 2014, 2:23 p.m.

Long time lurker, first time poster…….So i gave my 2 weeks notice and i took some time between jobs. Looking to do a little road trip from OR up the s2s and back.

Rode the EWS and had a fantastic time on the trails outside of the bike park. Finally went to whistler and rode outside the park and it was MAGICAL. Made me realize i need to explore more.

Tentative plans are,
9th - Drive north with Oregon craft brews.
10th - Ride Coastal park.
11th - ride whistler valley trails
12th - ride the park with friends
13th - ride whistler valley trails
14th - ride some trails in pemberton
15th - ride some trails in squamish
16th - ride some trails on the n.shore
17th - ride bellingham/ drive home.

Am i missing something that i must ride in the area? Any suggestions on must rides in whistler, pemby, squamish, shore? The only reference i have for trails right now is http://www.3dwhistler.com/?season=summer I really enjoyed micro, crazy, the upper and lower sections of stage 3. RDS was good too but i don't think riding it solo would be a good idea. I enjoy natural fun trails more than park trails. Any suggestions would be helpful, shops to talk to? Ill trade beers for info / tour guides!

Thanks!

Sept. 30, 2014, 9:05 a.m.

Bumping this thread as it was sitting in the mod. queue.

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

There's really good smartphone apps for whistler, squamish, pemby and the shore, trailmapps.
Pemby; could also get the guidebook from the bike shop 'bike co' in pemby, has tons of info,
happy-nimby-overnight sensation-mission impossible is a sweet loop to try.
Squamish, try the course from the griffon enduro, was a good mix of tech Alice lake area stuff.
Whistler, the ews never took you to the Westside/stonebridge stuff so get up there and try high society cheap thrills legalize it rockwork orange, all the trails from the top there are rad.

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:44 a.m.

There's really good smartphone apps for whistler, squamish, pemby and the shore, trailmapps.
Pemby; could also get the guidebook from the bike shop 'bike co' in pemby, has tons of info,
happy-nimby-overnight sensation-mission impossible is a sweet loop to try.
Squamish, try the course from the griffon enduro, was a good mix of tech Alice lake area stuff.
Whistler, the ews never took you to the Westside/stonebridge stuff so get up there and try high society cheap thrills legalize it rockwork orange, all the trails from the top there are rad.

GREAT. Thanks for the info.

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

what kind of bike are you riding?

on your north shore day, while it would be tough you could hit all 3 mtns in one day depending on your fitness level. seeing as you'll be coming down from squamish you could star the morning with a ride on cypress (you'll need someone for a shuttle) plan on 1.5-2 hrs. after cypress you could head over to fromme for two laps, one from the top and one from half way up - that'll eat about 3-4hrs. then go have lunch somewhere (black bear pub would be good). after lunch you could head over to seymour for a shuttle or two in the afternoon/early evening, maybe take 2-3 hrs depending on what you ride. you'll have about 10hrs of daylight on that day so you could pull it off.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 30, 2014, 11:08 a.m.

what kind of bike are you riding?

on your north shore day, while it would be tough you could hit all 3 mtns in one day depending on your fitness level. seeing as you'll be coming down from squamish you could star the morning with a ride on cypress - but you'll need someone for a shuttle - plan on 1.5-2 hrs. after cypress you could head over to fromme for two laps, one from the top and one from half way up - that'll eat about 3-4hrs. then go have lunch somewhere (black bear pub would be good). after lunch you could head over to seymour for a shuttle or two in the afternoon/early evening, maybe take 2-3 hrs depending on what you ride. you'll have about 10hrs of daylight on that day so you could pull it off.

newer spitfire for trails, session for park days.

Sounds like a big day.

Sept. 30, 2014, 2:07 p.m.

newer spitfire for trails, session for park days.

Sounds like a big day.

ha, yeah , that would be a big day…

Sept. 30, 2014, 3:17 p.m.

We are getting a few more Craft breweries up here, Nothing like Oregon though.
http://deepcovecraft.com/
http://bridgebrewing.com/
http://parallel49brewing.com/
Just to Name a Few,
I would recommend dinner here after a ride day in Squamish
http://www.howesound.com/home.aspx

Sept. 30, 2014, 5:46 p.m.

Would suggest you give your plan some leeway around the weather … some of those trips are fine in the rain. Others could be miserable (like a day at the Whistler and Coast Gravity bike park in the rain having spent the $$ for your ticket).

Sept. 30, 2014, 6:13 p.m.

iIll trade beers for info / tour guides!

How much beer can you smuggle in from Oregon? :D

Sept. 30, 2014, 8:23 p.m.

For Pemberton stop in at the BikeCo. Check out the Sea to Sky Enduro Series for the Pemberton enduro course. For extra points skip the first sector and ride Tower of Power instead. Finish your day with a Cream Puff lap. Eat a burger and drink a beer at Mile One.

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:21 p.m.

How much beer can you smuggle in from Oregon? :D

24…..
man thats light

Sept. 30, 2014, 10:23 p.m.

i should be around whistler the time you'll be here.
should be able to show you around.

Oct. 1, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

I might be available on the 16th Shore day
I like BEER

Oct. 6, 2014, 8:45 a.m.

woof. weather looks like its making a turn for the worse.