Riding in and around Fraser Heights?

Aug. 28, 2014, 8:30 p.m.

Moving to Fraser Heights (between the S. Fraser Perimeter Road and Fraser River) in October and wondering about the riding there? I know there's the Woodlot in Ridge and the Delta Watershed a little ways away, but is there anything other than that around there without having to cross any bridges? Or am I shit out of luck.

:japan:

Aug. 28, 2014, 9:21 p.m.

Invergarry bike park. Check SORCE (surrey off road cycling enthusiasts) website and FB page.

But you're pretty much screwed.

Aug. 29, 2014, 9:01 a.m.

I used to live in Fraser Heights, too bad all that forest area by the River doesn't have a Trail Network.
Its in the City of Surrey work plan , but its been in the plan now for about 10 years with zero action.

The best trails in the area are for cruiser / fixie type bikes. Fraser Heights has great paved trails that you can tie into Tynnhead Park and some local Pubs for a Booze cruise and or do a Golden Ears Bridge loop.

Other than that, like Tom says…Invergary is your best location, which is top notch/ fantastic for a Dj bike…lots of jumps , jump lines and a killer pump track. Inver can run all year long , thru the winter for the most part.
I believe they do have an XC loop as well.

The Water Shed is really only 20-25 mins away…that's not too bad,

Burke is just across the Bridge, 20 mins away

Aug. 29, 2014, 9:18 a.m.

Kaz,

I encourage you to explore the Forest along the river…I did 4 years ago and found some old , neglected jumps and trails that looked promising but they always came to a dead end. Who knows, perhaps now some ambitious folk have connected the trails or created a network since I moved away.

Now, I'm spoiled…I moved to Maple Ridge, right by Golden Ears with fun XC trails right out my side door and the Woodlot about 12 mins away.

Aug. 30, 2014, 1:27 p.m.

Thanks guys! Didn't realize Invergary was basically just across the highway.

Will do Bradical. Even just a couple jumps in a row should be fun enough.

:japan:

Sept. 6, 2014, 10:49 a.m.

Im not to far from you in Fleetwood, If im short on time water shed or south surrey bike park are the best options for a pedal. Surreys not the best for riding but does give you the option of everything, shore or valley, are almost equal drives. Either way you gotta drive so you get to choose. Im know some shore people barely make it to the valley because of the distance and anyone who rides the valley mountains knows the trails are sweet.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

Sept. 7, 2014, 8:38 a.m.

The watershed might be the most depressing place to ride if you were there more than five years ago.