Recommended Squamish trails around Half Nelson

July 9, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

I've been wanting to check out Half Nelson for the longest time and I think I'll get a chance on Friday. I was thinking of doing a couple of laps up there as I'll have most of the day. Anyone have some recommedations for other nearby trails to make a few interesting laps? I was thinking of picking up the TrailMapps app, but I like getting intel from folks in the know.

Something flowy like Half Nelson would be preferable as its kind of the reason for the trip up. I ride Fromme regularily, so I'm OK with some steeper techy stuff too, but some nice flowing singletrack would be ideal.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers!

July 9, 2012, 9:20 a.m.

pseudo psuega ( most flowy after HN, had lots of work done on it.
angry midget
Hoods in the woods
Somewhere over there

Freds ( may not be on the map )
Word of mouth

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 9, 2012, 12:42 p.m.

19th hole (steep and tech), city boy (tech), expecting to fly (lots of fun jumps with ride arounds), cakewalk (lots of techy mixed with flow)

July 10, 2012, 2:21 a.m.

G-H jumps. 19th hole.

I will only tell you the best of the best which are, the DOUBLE BLACKS.

gerewh0re

i've tried sticking it in her butt and peeing, she feels that is more a gift for me than her.

July 10, 2012, 5:25 p.m.

Somewhere over there

I went to ride this the other day but wasn't sure I was hitting the right trail. At the cross roads at the start of Hoods is Somewhere over there the trail directly opposite hoods? So a left hand turn if riding in on the road from the Plunge?

July 10, 2012, 5:37 p.m.

I went to ride this the other day but wasn't sure I was hitting the right trail. At the cross roads at the start of Hoods is Somewhere over there the trail directly opposite hoods? So a left hand turn if riding in on the road from the Plunge?

You start as if you're going to ride HITW, after the short climb on the straight away it goes left where Hoods goes right, then you need to stay right at the next trail intersection. Left is a moto trail.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter