Recommendations/Locals in the Puddle

June 10, 2015, 9:56 a.m.

So I am heading up to Williams Lake this weekend with a buddy, looking for a couple of suggestions:

1. Any must ride trials. We are both pretty capable riders, will ride most anything there is to ride in the sea to sky. Will be riding biggish trail/enduro bikes.

2. Any suggestions on places to meet up with likeminded folks for shuttles. Looks like there are plenty of shuttle options. There are 2 of us, but it would be great to hook up with some local folks for some shuttle action and maximize our vert. If this sounds like you or someone you know, would appreciate any leads.

Thanks!

June 10, 2015, 9:59 a.m.

Should mention we will have a truck, but would also happily compensate locals in gas money/beer for shuttles/trail guiding.

June 10, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

Haven't ridden up there but check out Reds Shreds and ask the guys there, solid bike n ski shop.

June 10, 2015, 10:42 a.m.

You will be a month early for the free shuttles:
http://ridethecariboo.ca/events/williams-lake/free-shuttles-williams-lake

Fox mountain is a great for banging off a bunch of laps next to town, best way to do this is by sacrifice shuttling (odd man outs). Go to Red Shreds, ask if anyone wants to join you for Fox hot laps and you'll fill that truck pretty quick.

Westsyde trails also good, but more traditional shuttling (or I guess you could ride up to them, but I've never bothered).

If you want a bigger day, try to organize an outing to Desous. Bit of a drive out of town, definitely want a guide or local in tow (probably a couple - 1 to guide trail, 1 to drive truck to pick up zone on first lap). Pretty big descents with some challenging steeps, and if you can get 2 or 3 laps in, you'll be smiling for days. Start with 'So Long' to get a feel for it. Again, see if anyone around Red Shreds wants to get in on Desous laps (organize a day or two in advance) and you'll probably fill the truck.

Good luck - trails in the puddle are awesome.

June 10, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Awesome thanks guys!