Picking the dirt from my theeth!

June 25, 2007, 8:41 a.m.

Road Trip Number 1…

So the first of what I hope will eventually become a series of sorts was a poorly planned trip to Silver Star. Well the only poorly planned part was that I didn't get off work until 4 and by the time I had gotten all those involved into the car… Thanks Nina!… we were rolling into the thick of Vancouver traffic at 6 pm.

That being said the drive up while cloudy was very nice and quick… I think it took us about 5.5 hours to get there… actually more, but I am blaming the traffic.

Mama Bahr, Dieter's mom lives in Vernon so we were crashing there for the weekend. It eventually became the place to eat super good food… breakfast was taken to a whole new level… and well dinner was steak, potatoes, corn and a fruit salad that no one could finish.

Dieter and I got things under way on Sat… with a few notable mechanicals, a flat of mine in which I managed to rip the valve off mt tube when I was trying to refill it. Then my derailer gave out, poor Saint… and I used the ever popular ZIP TIE fix… which is still working I might add.

Dieter lost his brakes and had to jimmy some oil out of the shop and I finished the day off with snapping my chain.

Sat night constituted Barb, Haley, Dieter and myself being school by Mama Bahr for being sticks in the mud. Dieter and I had ridden all day, and Barb had worked… lighting fires! Needless to say we were wiped and wanted nothing more than to fall asleep.

Sunday brought on Snow… yeah you heard me right, snow… which Barb managed to collect enough and fire a snowball at me while riding the chair up.

Dieter tired to pin a step up but all he managed to do was lawn dart himself into the ground… and not bounce.

He was out for anymore of the big stuff….

I managed to eject by stepping on the stem as my bike fell off the wooden structure and skid across the lower section. My left elbow saved me.

On to day 2 of the carnage…

1. Dan tried to rail a berm and along with the pancakes and fruit… and heaping mounds of whip cream…. Barb and Dieter! I got a fresh face and mouthful I might add of Silver Star dirt. MMMMMMMMMM!

2. After the snow fall all the wood work was wet and slick and in some cases pretty muddy. After nailing the 1/4 pipe 5 or 6 times…Dan tried to do it in the wet and mud… up I went.. and down I went… thank fully my right elbow saved me.

and number 3…

after tailing Barb down "Downtown" I manged to do something that resulted with my bike in the tree… and me face first on the trail, pointing downwards.

Other notable events were…

Dieter's gassing of the apartment… even Mama Bahr had tears in her eyes…

Riding all the stunts built for the Redbull Trail building thing…

Riding the HUGE wall rides… man they kick you at way faster than when you went into them…

I swallowed a bug!

Hearing the shreaks of joy from Barb when she railed a berm… which if you have ever ridden there… it would have occurred a lot.

In the end, it was another weekend to add to the tally of great ones…

Thanks Barb, Mama Bahr and Dieter and all the good folks at Silver Star for an epic weekend.

See you on the trails!

www.steedcycles.com

June 25, 2007, 8:48 a.m.

Sounds like a fun time dan ;)

WhistlerActionCams.com

June 25, 2007, 10:38 a.m.

Sweet trip. I was enjoying some slick times on ledgeview. SSC next weekend?:thepimp:

I've got braces!!
www.specializedsports.ca
ph 778.386.4500
fx 604.931.6943
[email protected]

June 25, 2007, 12:09 p.m.

Sweet trip. I was enjoying some slick times on ledgeview. SSC next this weekend?:thepimp:

ssc sucks, most of the trails have gotten logged:(

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

June 25, 2007, 12:30 p.m.

ya your right. Was there a couple weeks ago. Not sure if it's worth another trip.

I've got braces!!
www.specializedsports.ca
ph 778.386.4500
fx 604.931.6943
[email protected]

June 25, 2007, 1:51 p.m.

nope, that line's gettting pretty old now.

June 25, 2007, 2:36 p.m.

ssc sucks, most of the trails have gotten logged:(

Agreed they have…

Head to Silver Star….

Barb drew a nice picture of the encounter between me and the tree…

www.steedcycles.com

June 25, 2007, 3:15 p.m.

The tree tea-bagged you? How much did THAT cost?

June 27, 2007, 9:26 a.m.

Okay folks, just got the word on Dieter…

He cracked his pelvis!

Not penis you dirt bags… You have to hit pretty hard for that to happen.

Sorry Bud! Heal up!

www.steedcycles.com

June 27, 2007, 3:51 p.m.

Okay folks, just got the word on Dieter…

He cracked his pelvis!

So sorry to hear… that sucks.

Hope he heals up soon.

:canada: :czech: