Ow the pain...

Dec. 22, 2002, 2:40 p.m.

Well today was quite the day of riding. left early to go ride millenium, get there only to find it COMPLETELY covered in frost and completely unrideable, so we went to go and get donuts and then we headed downtown to ride for a bit. We rode for a while and it was awesome, i stuck this rad 7ft bunnyhop gap to manual ledge to ledge. it was awesome! but no cameras out today so i'll get that later on. then we headed back to millenium because we figured hell maybe it will have thawed out a bit, but of course it wasn't. Now i was feeling ****y from doing the gap and sticking it so we rolled up and i figured, what the hell, the full pipe looks sketchy but i'm gonna do it anyway, just as i'm about to drop in my front tire slips out on the frost on the coping and down i go, a good 10-13 ft to flat…i landed pretty much to flat, touching the sides a bit which slowed me down, but it was pretty much 13 ft vertical, straight onto my side and head. (i dropped in at the far end of the pipe, in this picture the side that's the farthest away from us). anyway i landed…hard…my sides SORE…very very SORE. i bruised my hip and it's about the size of a tennis ball. i'm having troubles walking because of it, but the thing that i'm most lucky about is the fact that i was wearing my Ridge Full Apex full face…it's not looking so pretty right now, but am i ever glad that i had it with me when I crashed because frankly i have NO pain in my head, and it didn't even hurt right when i crashed. i was amazed and i still can't believe it, i honestly think i would have some SERIOUS damage had i been wearing my skid lid, and i would have some pain had i been wearing any other helmet. My side is still in some SERIOUS pain and it sucked driving home cause i could barely move my right leg to go from gas to brake. lol. made for a rather sketchy ride home. all in all i had a rather good day since i stuck that bunnyhop to manual line, i just wish i hadn't crashed cause now i need to get crash replacement which = money….which sucks cause i have no money…oh well.

.243 Avengers :thepimp:
.243 Racing, Ridge Protective Gear

Dec. 22, 2002, 4:27 p.m.

the good
the bad
the ugly

sounds fun thoguh

Dec. 22, 2002, 4:38 p.m.

my side still hurts, but i took some advil…and now i get a big christmas dinner so that should get rid of some of the pain for now :D

Dec. 22, 2002, 6:43 p.m.

that sucks

Live To Ride-Ride To Live

Dec. 23, 2002, 12:17 p.m.

any scars????falls are worth it if u get scars to show to the ladies

Dec. 23, 2002, 12:48 p.m.

Sounds painful, good thing you were wearing the helmet.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 24, 2002, 9:25 a.m.

ya good thing…mmmmmmm…..christmas dinner!

Dec. 25, 2002, 9:39 p.m.

Originally posted by crazybmxer12
any scars????falls are worth it if u get scars to show to the ladies

that's what sucks the most! no scars! just a little scrape on my knee and bruises and sore muscles! that's it! so not even anything cool came out of it other then one hell of a fucked up visor.

Dec. 25, 2002, 9:40 p.m.

Originally posted by Keefer
Sounds painful, good thing you were wearing the helmet.

was it ever, we figure that had i not been wearing my full face, like even had i just been wearing my skid lid, i'd be fucked, like serious concussion and whanot…

Dec. 27, 2002, 12:03 a.m.

dont mind me :o

this isn't directed to you, btw

Dec. 27, 2002, 12:08 a.m.

sfghdfghdhf