Osoyoos Riding?

Aug. 25, 2009, 9:39 a.m.

Somewhat surprisingly, searching the board for info on Osoyoos turned up a big donut. I'm going to be up there in the first weekend of October and will probably have a day free while the gf does bridal party stuff. Anybody know anything about the riding there or can direct me to people/places with info?

A little googling revealed Double O as the local shop but their web site seemed like they catered a bit more to the hybrid/recreational set. Not sure if they'd be able to give me some info or not.

I'm even wondering what bike to bring… freeride, XC, or should I just give up and bring the roadie?

Aug. 25, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

I was there late July and was wondering the same as you. The terrain looks like it could have some awesome AM/FR trails around, but there just wasn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t any evidence of a mountain bike scene there. I did try that bike shop you mentioned, but I went on a Sunday and they were closed. I had a look in their window and didn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t see many bikes, but what I did see seemed to be light recreational bikes or commuter/hybrid types. But I would think that they would know if there are some good trails around. Maybe give them a call? (I was hoping they[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;d have a map or at least directions)

The roads around there were full of roadies though [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; likely due to the upcoming Iron Man in Penticton. The #3 between Keremeos and Osoyoos was busy with riders. You could likely have a good road ride to Keremeos one day. Looks like about 100km round trip.

Aug. 25, 2009, 3:34 p.m.

I would recommend giving Smoke a call and setting up a tour of the area.

er, I mean, there's only donuts to be had.

Aug. 25, 2009, 9:38 p.m.

Nothing to see here….move along people..

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Aug. 26, 2009, 12:21 p.m.

nothing… nothing at all…

Aug. 26, 2009, 12:50 p.m.

Nothing to see here….move along people..

Damn, that wasn't on this past July 27th was it? That's when I was in Osoyoos! Didn't have my bike with me, but dammit anyway!

I have family who just bought land outside Rock Creek. I expect I'll be exploring that area and building some stuff in the future. Terrain looks fantastic.