Night Ride 1/10/07

Jan. 9, 2007, 6:57 p.m.

DaveM I just saw the trail braiding as well.. My blood is BOILING!!!! :flame:

coverider18, I was up working on the trails one day and I hope it wasn't you that rode the same line… and kept on riding after we shouted after you.

Lame is too weak a word… retarded insults those with serious issues.
You are just indolent.
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

For those that want the quick peek.The link is here .. time between 2:00 and 2:09 shows dufus18 riding down Nicoles and through the corner instead of around it.:flame:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-6573953874180953226[HTML_REMOVED]q=burnaby+mountain

although it may not be cool, that line has been there for a long time, not as long as I have ridden at SFU, but probably [HTML_REMOVED]5yrs. Maybe instead of yelling at someone who is new here, and young, you should explain that he is riding a ride-around ("braid") and should stop doing it as it erodes the trail in an undesireable fashion, and is an unacceptable practice. I used to think it was an alternate line..

ps.. it was starting to snow at SFU when I left work tonight.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 9, 2007, 7:17 p.m.

Okay call me a pussy, but if it snows tonight (Tuesday night) the night ride (Wednesday night) is cancelled…….at least for me. The snow and wind (fallen trees) will simply make any ride a waste of time.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Jan. 9, 2007, 8:52 p.m.

I might just ride on the road. 5:00 to 5:15. Practising my bunny-hops onto the curb.

OR

Just ride around small circles in the lower parking lot at my townhouse complex.

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

..`Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.."-Mike Ness

Jan. 9, 2007, 9:34 p.m.

For those that want the quick peek.The link is here .. time between 2:00 and 2:09 shows dufus18 riding down Nicoles and through the corner instead of around it.:flame:

hey, relax, that's an alternate line. just because you can't ride it doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to.

and i've also shuttled/bus shuttled sfu - dont do it a lot, but sometimes when you want to get a ride in after work and you dont have much time it works quite well.

if you want a say in how the trails are dealt with, come out to the BMBA AGM on January 18 at 7pm www.bmba.ca

Jan. 9, 2007, 10:28 p.m.

hey, relax, that's an alternate line. just because you can't ride it doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to.
….
if you want a say in how the trails are dealt with, come out to the BMBA AGM on January 18 at 7pm www.bmba.ca

lol Personal attacks on my riding? :nono: :nono: … I can make the corner w/ no dabs..Can you?

Oh well, Guess you got me in one of those moods where i actually give a damn.. I'll have to stop that. My bad.

I'll see you at the AGM… will you be wearing the pointed black hat?;) ;)

:canada:

Jan. 9, 2007, 10:33 p.m.

lol Personal attacks on my riding? :nono: :nono: … I can make the corner w/ no dabs..Can you?

yes, i ride dave's nemesis top to bottom with no dabs. haven't yet done the alternate line, but it's on my list for this year, as well as nicole's pole. i admit it was a cheap shot :D but the devil made me do it.

and no, i'll be the one breathing fire :rawr:

Jan. 9, 2007, 10:55 p.m.

although it may not be cool, that line has been there for a long time, not as long as I have ridden at SFU, but probably [HTML_REMOVED]5yrs. Maybe instead of yelling at someone who is new here, and young, you should explain that he is riding a ride-around ("braid") and should stop doing it as it erodes the trail in an undesireable fashion, and is an unacceptable practice. I used to think it was an alternate line..

I didn't mean I was yelling AT him..
What you say is what we were attempting….
a .."hey.. uh Hello….HEY…" as he continued to ride away I yelled "Please don't braid…". Hardly the insolent behavior I may have portrayed in my post with all the :censored: signs.

I would have liked to explain it, discuss it, ….
Also,If there is no harm in this braid.. then I need to be educated. I know what others have taught me, what I've read and common sense.

I don't think braiding is a new topic …http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=39565

Ahhhh, a never ending battle. People are as stupid as they are ignorant.

Jan. 9, 2007, 11:02 p.m.

yes, i ride dave's nemesis top to bottom with no dabs. haven't yet done the alternate line, but it's on my list for this year, as well as nicole's pole. i admit it was a cheap shot :D but the devil made me do it.

and no, i'll be the one breathing fire :rawr:

Ah the Devil…:devil: :devil:
he made me make the Chapeau comment, really :rolleyes:

I'll bring a fire extinguisher ;)

Jan. 9, 2007, 11:09 p.m.

I would have liked to explain it, discuss it, ….
Also,If there is no harm in this braid.. then I need to be educated. I know what others have taught me, what I've read and common sense.

burnaby mountain is special to me, it's where i learned to ride, and it's a multi-use mountain which is pretty unique for somewhere situated smack dab in the middle of suburbia.

basically, relax and enjoy your ride, and don't yell at other people on the mountain ;)

it's all about the floooooooowwwwww

Jan. 9, 2007, 11:12 p.m.

burnaby mountain is special to me, it's where i learned to ride,

me too..

it's all about the floooooooowwwwww

I Knoooooowwwwwwwwww it's the Floooooooowwwww ;)

Jan. 10, 2007, 12:06 a.m.

I thought it was a cool little vid. Never seen an entire helmet cam run on Nicoles. And yup that one line has been there as long as I can remember, and I'm pretty old.

Turn7, maybe offer up a ride with Coverider on SFU. Show him the climb up Joes. (I'll also look forward to meeting you at the BMBA AGM)

Coverider good on you for getting out on your bike yesterday, most of us thought SFU, like the other mountains was still full of snow. (Try to hit the ladders when you're riding though, and keep it down the center of the trail.)

Think I'll probably hit Nicoles tomorrow, pedal up the first run then shuttle the 2nd lap.

Jan. 10, 2007, 12:20 a.m.

bus + SFU = teh lame

I get people to drive me up because the bus is too "low class" for me.

Jan. 10, 2007, 12:21 a.m.

please walk ladders when they are not ridable. thank you.

not sure what your talking about.

DaveM I just saw the trail braiding as well.. My blood is BOILING!!!!

coverider18, I was up working on the trails one day and I hope it wasn't you that rode the same line… and kept on riding after we shouted after you.

Lame is too weak a word… retarded insults those with serious issues.
You are just indolent.

Seriously, that post was stupid. Expecially yelling at people riding a certain feature of a trail, you were being an idiot. I still cant believe that you believed in it so much to shout at some poor guy.

Jan. 10, 2007, 6:46 a.m.

not sure what your talking about.

Seriously, that post was stupid. Expecially yelling at people riding a certain feature of a trail, you were being an idiot. I still cant believe that you believed in it so much to shout at some poor guy.

Read my subsequent post please…

Jan. 10, 2007, 7:42 a.m.

This thread sucks.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West