Nelson / Rossland

July 13, 2011, 3:47 p.m.

Rossland XC
Drake-[HTML_REMOVED]Tamarack-[HTML_REMOVED]up to Crown Point. Return on Drake. Super loop for anyone interested in some up [HTML_REMOVED] down singletrack (Drake) spectacular singletrack climb (Tramarack) and super fast [HTML_REMOVED] flowy DH (Crown Pt) with a few stunts thrown in. You don't need a DH bike for Crown Pt if you're used to riding Fromme on a 5[HTML_REMOVED]5 bike.

Centenniel-[HTML_REMOVED]Moe's-[HTML_REMOVED]Miners-[HTML_REMOVED]Redtop-[HTML_REMOVED] to the peak of Red Mtn DH course. Down the DH course -[HTML_REMOVED]Road ride a few kms downhill to the pub

Techno Grind or Kootnay Columbia -[HTML_REMOVED] Milky Way -[HTML_REMOVED] Green Door (might want a pickup on the highway. long road ride all steep uphill back to town)

And of course Seven Summits (when open) and the classic Whiskey.

Flume and Dewdney are great shuttles for the DH bike.

New Denver
Wouldn't bother with Wakefield unless you're already up there. Not worth the long drive up IMO. Far too much doubletrack/FSR at the finish.

Nelson - DH dreamland
Mostly echoing the above: Hitman-[HTML_REMOVED]Dos Slabs, Powerslave, Bedframe (lots of short steeps), Placenta Decenta, Shannon Pass. I thought the rest of Baldface was too much driving for the saddle time offered. Though it's done by some locals, riding up would be PAINFUL.

Mountain Station for Fromme-like trails. Pedal up, and take anything down. Loads of fun little trails there with stunts galore. Paper Bag is supposed to be a classic, but many people (including myself) think otherwise. To each their own. I won't ride it again.

July 13, 2011, 7:49 p.m.

Got a chance to ride Shitaaker a couple years back, it was well worth while… Of course, not all of us have Kinrade's talent, and I didn't hit this massive jump. The rest of the trail is awesome for normal folk. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the area that this was in, but I'm sure if you ask…

July 13, 2011, 9:35 p.m.

Chunkey Monkey beat me to it. The Drakes-Tamarak-CrownPoint was going to be my suggestion. You use Birch Main to link up Tamarak and Crown Point. Depending on how burly your XC rig is, you could possibly through Whiskey into the middle of that lap if you're in the mood for some Shore like riding. But you'll def need fresh legs for that cause you gotta get back up for CP.

GL!

July 14, 2011, 11:23 p.m.

Rossland XC
Drake-[HTML_REMOVED]Tamarack-[HTML_REMOVED]up to Crown Point. Return on Drake. Super loop for anyone interested in some up [HTML_REMOVED] down singletrack (Drake) spectacular singletrack climb (Tramarack) and super fast [HTML_REMOVED] flowy DH (Crown Pt) with a few stunts thrown in. You don't need a DH bike for Crown Pt if you're used to riding Fromme on a 5[HTML_REMOVED]5 bike.

Centenniel-[HTML_REMOVED]Moe's-[HTML_REMOVED]Miners-[HTML_REMOVED]Redtop-[HTML_REMOVED] to the peak of Red Mtn DH course. Down the DH course -[HTML_REMOVED]Road ride a few kms downhill to the pub

Techno Grind or Kootnay Columbia -[HTML_REMOVED] Milky Way -[HTML_REMOVED] Green Door (might want a pickup on the highway. long road ride all steep uphill back to town)

And of course Seven Summits (when open) and the classic Whiskey.

Flume and Dewdney are great shuttles for the DH bike.

New Denver
Wouldn't bother with Wakefield unless you're already up there. Not worth the long drive up IMO. Far too much doubletrack/FSR at the finish.

Nelson - DH dreamland
Mostly echoing the above: Hitman-[HTML_REMOVED]Dos Slabs, Powerslave, Bedframe (lots of short steeps), Placenta Decenta, Shannon Pass. I thought the rest of Baldface was too much driving for the saddle time offered. Though it's done by some locals, riding up would be PAINFUL.

Mountain Station for Fromme-like trails. Pedal up, and take anything down. Loads of fun little trails there with stunts galore. Paper Bag is supposed to be a classic, but many people (including myself) think otherwise. To each their own. I won't ride it again.

I simply suggested the biggger bike due to the rocks and square edge action on crown point.

My big bike is a six and six .

This would be an awesome loop on a five and five , or even lighter travel if you are a smooth confident rider.

July 16, 2011, 11:52 p.m.

Riding Rossland tomorrow. Post up if u want to join!

Edit: I should have posted this in the drunken ravings thread! Great ride, nonetheless. Full Monty to Sudden Exposure then the Rock Cut Pub, which was very good. Finally, Red Top and Red Head to finish the day.

d

www.fvmba.com

July 20, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

I'm headed to Nelson this weekend; my girlfriend booked me a day of guided riding with Dirt Tours on Saturday (stoked!). I'm sure they'll take me on some wicked stuff.

I'd love to meet up with some locals on Sunday (July 24th) to get a rip in the morning. Riding my big DH bike but no objections to pedalling up. Anyone riding and want to show an out of towner around?

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 20, 2011, 9:53 p.m.

I'm headed to Nelson this weekend; my girlfriend booked me a day of guided riding with Dirt Tours on Saturday (stoked!). I'm sure they'll take me on some wicked stuff.

I'd love to meet up with some locals on Sunday (July 24th) to get a rip in the morning. Riding my big DH bike but no objections to pedalling up. Anyone riding and want to show an out of towner around?

Might be going to Nelson this weekend, im not local but i've riding in Nelson quite a bit before.

July 20, 2011, 10:05 p.m.

New Denver!

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/kootenay-road-trip-new-denver/

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 21, 2011, 8:36 a.m.

New Denver!

http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/kootenay-road-trip-new-denver/

Thanks Sharon, I may have already stalked your website looking for (and finding) some good intel on the area ;)

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Aug. 2, 2011, 2:40 p.m.

Going to be in Ainsworth next week with the family and some friends. My buddy and I have a 1 day pass to go ride. We both have trucks and will shuttle if anyone is willing to show us around. We'll even bring beer to share.

Aug. 2, 2011, 2:56 p.m.

I was on seven summits on the 26th (or there abouts - did so many trails I can't remember when I did what). For the most part there was little in the way of snow other then a couple 25-20m hikes right near the 7.5km mark.

Aug. 2, 2011, 3:39 p.m.

:woot: guess that means we'll be doing the 7 Summits next week.

We leave in three days (Friday) and will be in the area for 9 days. I believe the last 4 days I will be on my own! Wonder how much trouble one little Aussie can get up to all on her own in the Kootenays :lol:

Aug. 2, 2011, 4:08 p.m.

In Rossland I remember Flume, Whiskey and Cherry Poppins standing out last year all on a dh bike.

Aug. 7, 2011, 5:55 p.m.

Just in case anyone is wondering, Neslon is amazing at the moment!

Sunny [HTML_REMOVED] warm, the trails are running fast, but occasionally a little bit loose, and the views… :D