Nelson / Castlegar

June 19, 2012, 12:44 p.m.

Going to be in Nelson again for the week of July 2nd - 7th

I have an appropriate shuttle vehicle, so was wondering if anyone else going to be in the area around that time (who has a second vehicle) who may be interested in a day or two of riding?

I am familiar with the area, but any news on any new trails that have gone in since last August; that are a must ride?

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

July 2, 2012, 1:42 p.m.

PM Danksi - http://bb.nsmb.com/member.php?u=24461 - he lives there and sometimes even rides bikes…sometimes…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

July 10, 2012, 11:19 a.m.

anyone have any beta on conditions out there? Heading out friday for a quick weekend trip house hunting and riding with the ladyfriend….probably stick to AM bikes, seems 7 summits is still snowbound?

July 10, 2012, 11:33 a.m.

It rained on Tuesday when we got there… in my opinion conditions during the week couldn't have been more perfect.

Powerslave was basically clear of snow all the way to the top of morning mountain there was one very small patch near the top (but lots of blow down at the top of the trail)

The Kokanee Park (North Shore)was in pretty sweet shape too… I never get tired of all those granite rock slabs! New work on Newtsac and also a new (well at least new to me trail) called Morning Sickness is worth checking out too!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

July 10, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

anyone have any beta on conditions out there? Heading out friday for a quick weekend trip house hunting and riding with the ladyfriend….probably stick to AM bikes, seems 7 summits is still snowbound?

house hunting????

you would leave meca???

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 10, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

house hunting????

you would leave meca???

girlfriend, going to school, one year….change of scenery isn't all bad, especially when it's the koots! but yeah, I know! gahh!

July 10, 2012, 12:03 p.m.

It rained on Tuesday when we got there… in my opinion conditions during the week couldn't have been more perfect.

Powerslave was basically clear of snow all the way to the top of morning mountain there was one very small patch near the top (but lots of blow down at the top of the trail)

The Kokanee Park (North Shore)was in pretty sweet shape too… I never get tired of all those granite rock slabs! New work on Newtsac and also a new (well at least new to me trail) called Morning Sickness is worth checking out too!

thanks for the info, haven't ridden the north shore side yet, may have to check that out

Aug. 24, 2012, 1:02 p.m.

Anyone have anything to add to this? I'm getting a work-spawnzored drive to northern Alberta in Sep, and on the way back I'm going to stop in Fernie/Nelson/Christina Lake for some riding.

Also, who is a good company locally for shuttling? Dirt Tours is one I've heard of but are there others?

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Aug. 26, 2012, 6:27 p.m.

Anyone have anything to add to this? I'm getting a work-spawnzored drive to northern Alberta in Sep, and on the way back I'm going to stop in Fernie/Nelson/Christina Lake for some riding.

Also, who is a good company locally for shuttling? Dirt Tours is one I've heard of but are there others?

Have been in Nelson on a work "spawnzored" trip of my own the last few days. Have spent the last couple of days on Gold Creek and Giveout areas. Great rides of late have been Upper Gold Member -Lucky Charms-Gold Rush then heading west to Bed Frame/ Placenta. Rode Power Slave today makes a good combo with Mr. Slave- Illuminati.

Stop by Sacred Ride, buy the map book and have them pen in the newer trails.

As for the shuttles, there is a company called Dirt Tours in town that does them(read that in the guide). I have been dragging my ass up Silver King road to Giveout and then further, about 4+ hrs return to town for an earn your turns adventure depending upon how high you go.

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:30 p.m.

http://www.sweetfieldshuttle.com/

Has some options for shuttles in Rossland.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Sept. 8, 2012, 8:50 a.m.

Burnt Basin Trail just past the Paulson Bridge. You head north on a FSR from the salt shed. Get ur beta from Bob at Wildways, awesome LBS!

d

www.fvmba.com

Sept. 11, 2012, 10:14 a.m.

If in Nelson I recommend climbing up to the top of Toad Mountain, taking the summits down to Powerslave, then rocking the new trail that follows Powerslave.

Epic day.