Merritt this weekend

April 26, 2005, 9:24 a.m.

Sharon and I are heading to Merritt to explore some stuff this weekend. We've ridden there before with some locals we hooked up with from Bonzai Cycles; which is sadly no more. Wou;dn't mind hooking up with some more locals. Anyone interested? We've got the maps from our past trips along with another more official map

April 26, 2005, 6:51 p.m.

I was in Merrit last weekend but did not go riding.Unfortunatly when Bonzi closed his doors the trail maintenance stopped.I have been told by local riders that most of the trails are in disrepair.I am hoping this is untrue. I have riden Merrit alot,it is arealy cool place to rde if you dont get lost.I am planing to go riding there on may 7[HTML_REMOVED]8.Please inform on the condition of the trails

May 2, 2005, 10:35 a.m.

We rode the infocentre trails and the midday valley trails. No shuttling. The infocentre trails particularly 2muchinfo are in fantastic shape. The north godey trails and Ursus major are also in great shape; not dusty, banks are intact and traction is great.

Midday Valley is in good to fair shape. The motocrossers have been at Ziggys and part of JB Cool and there is extensive braiding also on these trails so the dirt is loose. Sanchez is also braided. However, compared to what we have in the lower mainland these trails are all cherry. Think Sunshine coast quality but okanagan style sinous singletrack

May 2, 2005, 9:41 p.m.

We rode Coco Bonk April 23, and it was still covered in snow near Tent Lake - really icy and slippery. No tracks so maybe we were first!

This is a fun XC trail, but needs a lot more riders to smooth out the trail - it seems pretty new. The last section had a creek running down it for several hundred yards - it may get rutted up quick - needs some work to redirect the water before it erodes.

June 14, 2005, 12:30 p.m.

Merritt trails are a lot of fun

http://www.leelau.net/2005/merrit/merrit.htm - click here for more pics

June 14, 2005, 1:34 p.m.

merit looks like a ton of fun!

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

June 14, 2005, 2:05 p.m.

nice pics! i like the lawn dart :lol:

June 14, 2005, 2:29 p.m.

lawn darts are the most gracefull moves in mountian biking.. untill you hit the ground.. i would know. i average 2 a ride..

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.