Logan Lake riding

Oct. 3, 2014, 9:24 p.m.

It looks like I'm going to be based out of Logan Lake for a while for work. Is anyone familiar with the riding scene there? I know there's a Jay Hoots skills park, and I was chatting with some local kids who mentioned a trail called Mullet's Revenge just above the skills park. How long is the climb to that, and is it worth checking out? Is there anything more mellow that's friendly for night riding?

Merritt is about 45 mins away, which I'm also not all that familiar with. Is there any good night-riding friendly stuff there?

Oct. 4, 2014, 5:39 a.m.

Apparently there is some good riding in Merritt just above the visitor info centre. Also, up on the plateau heading out towards Kelowna, some decent xc stuff there.

As for Logan Lake, I'm guessing not much other than logging roads and some dirtbike/atv trails. I haven't spent much time there though. You could head over to the Stake Lake/Lac le Jeune area and ride xc ski trails if you're desperate. There are a few single track trails in the area as well.

Best bet is to head to Kamloops and ride Pineview or Kenna.

If you're on Strava you can do a segment search to find most of the better trails.

Oct. 5, 2014, 12:05 a.m.

If Tunkwa road is clear for driving, there's quite a bit of riding in Savonah

Oct. 5, 2014, 7:29 a.m.

^ totally forgot about the Sav!

Oct. 5, 2014, 7:50 a.m.

Pretty sure Kamloops is closer than Merritt probably some good stuff there. You could look into Greenstone and Inks lake.

Oct. 5, 2014, 7:53 a.m.

Pretty sure Kamloops is closer than Merritt probably some good stuff there. You could look into Greenstone and Inks lake.

Just get a dirt bike if you live in Logan lake. Trails ALL over the place, but they're not mtb friendly.

Oct. 5, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

I was working out of there last year, nothing much everyone just goes to Kamloops. There is a couple nice drops near the park that are fun to session for a bit.

Oct. 5, 2014, 5:49 p.m.

Just get a dirt bike if you live in Logan lake. Trails ALL over the place, but they're not mtb friendly.

Or a rally car. I did the Heart of Darkness rally a couple of months ago. One of the stages was a loop past Logan Lake at about 4am. Super fun logging roads to drive everywhere. About a million ways to wreck your car. Note: If you're going to drive those roads fast then carry two spare tires. Ones not enough.