Galbraith

Feb. 9, 2018, 4:05 p.m.

We're heading to Galbraith for the first time tomorrow and I'm looking for some trail recommendations. From what I gather so far we'll be riding the South side and hitting Unemployment line at some point during the day. Is there any other can't miss trails? Maybe Prison Love?

Thanks for any info.

Feb. 9, 2018, 10:04 p.m.

Depends what you are looking to ride.  If you're looking for flowy jump lines, ride to towers at the top, then Evo->U-Line->Atomic Dog (a little chunkier than the preceding two) 

If you want something slightly more technical and a little pedalier, go almost to the top, take the road to the right just before the last steep climb to the towers and ride Whoopsie Woodle->Lair of the Bear (good mildly techy by NS standards trail benched into the side of a canyon).

Another good option starting from the towers is the now flowier Scorpion->Das Autobahn.

Prison Love is a sore point to me.  It used to be one of my south-side favourites--super tight with these crazy janky sharp 90 degree corners with lurking stumps if you overshot.  If my buddies were riding U-line, I'd always do PL instead.  Then a couple years back it dropped the soap in the shower and the lippy jump fairies had their way with it.  Now it's more like a U-line lite.

Another option after Das Autobahn that a lot of people like is Irish Death, but it's totally fall line and my experience is that it's a greasy peanut-butter slide-fest in the winter.