Fromme Snow Ride - December 21, 2008

Dec. 21, 2008, 2:43 p.m.

Well what can you say about riding in the snow? It's tough because it really has to be experienced. Here are couple of photos that don't do it justice.

Snow's not to deep, but it was still a push from the first gate:

It was slow going by the third:

A well deserved rest at the top of Kirkford, just off the 5th switchback.

Man o man what a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgeDDD_VUF4

Does it get any better than this?

Anyone thinking of going up should do it now, the conditions are perfect. Have fun!

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Dec. 21, 2008, 4:26 p.m.

fresh tracks! Better then any whistler run right now!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 21, 2008, 6:14 p.m.

We were going to join you guys but decided to stay closer to home and got two fresh laps in on sfu. What a blast! Conditions are good right now but it's been puking all day and may be too deep soon.
Daryl

Dec. 21, 2008, 8:43 p.m.

You guys inspired me and after about an hour and a half of shoveling and another hour of sledding with the kids I headed up. We had a blast! Here are a few shots:

Dec. 22, 2008, 10:55 a.m.

the snow is surprisingly grippy, and it rolls pretty fast too. We rode XC on Saturday all over the Shore, at one point going up to the 1st and back down Griffen. What a blast! The smooth ice underneath was treacherous/scary/fun/painful/challenging/awesome/hilarious. We opted to not go further up thinking that it would get too deep but we shoulda sucked up the crappy road conditions and gone up to the 5th.

Not so sure now though, another 15cms on top? Anyone tried this morning?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 22, 2008, 12:05 p.m.

Saturday must've been cold! Did you have any problems because of it? My thermometer registered -14 on Saturday compared to basically 0 yesterday.

Dec. 23, 2008, 9:28 a.m.

I'm so glad youy posted those pics, it looks like a fun day! Ducati came home all happy and smiling even thogh the drive back to White Rock was a nightmare.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training