Forbidden Plateau

May 18, 2016, 10:05 p.m.

Going to be heading up Island to Comox to work out some details on the new house and was hoping to get in a quick ride this Saturday afternoon. What's good for riding up that way. Rode Cumberland a couple years back and had fun as well, thought I would try something new.

How busy is the Forbidden area, what chances of getting a ride up for a shuttle run?

Cheers
J

May 18, 2016, 11:44 p.m.

A lot of Forbidden is being logged right now :( :(
http://www.trailforks.com/region/forbidden-plateau/reports/

Canada Kicks Ass | Trailforks.com

May 19, 2016, 6:55 a.m.

A lot of Forbidden is being logged right now :( :(
http://www.trailforks.com/region/forbidden-plateau/reports/

Thanks, I did look at the Trailforks for Forbidden yesterday, still looks like lots of trails not directly impacted by the logging, but hard to know unless you know the layout and what is being hit.

Trying to get local knowledge of the trails to see if it is worthwhile or whether to just get a quick ride in at Cumberland on route back from Comox to Nanaimo / Gabriola Island.

Cheers

May 19, 2016, 9:58 a.m.

Well worth doing! Take the downhill bike if you have one, tho it's fine on an AM bike. Really quiet up there tho (which is one of the benefits of riding there), but not so good if you are looking to get a shuttle. Completely different to Cumberland. For your first ride you should probably go with someone who knows the area as it can be a little difficult to navigate. I've only been twice, but had a lot of fun each time.

May 19, 2016, 10:13 a.m.

Oh dear. I see 2 Sheiks [HTML_REMOVED] A Dog and Cabin Fever are closed for logging :( Those are trails I rode. They used to be a lot of fun…

The logging roads provided access to the trails in the first place, but now they take away.

May 19, 2016, 1:52 p.m.

Yes, lots of Forbidden Plateau reports on Trailforks with logging. I imagine the logging of the area was to save the forest from the destruction caused by mountain bike trails.

Might just have to give Cumberland another go. I found it pretty easy to find my way around there last time.

May 25, 2016, 4:06 p.m.

if you rode Cumberland a few years ago, most likely the trails that you ride now will be new to you. plus post ride bevies are great at the brewery!