First trail ride in BC

June 1, 2015, 10:14 a.m.

So I finally did it, I got off my ass and out to some trails - went out to the island to visit some family and we ended up going to some trails near Hartland dump (north of saanich) was a wicked day, but a little sketchy with one gear and one brake lol. We ended up checking out an eagle sanctuary as well on that ride so that was pretty cool, we don't see bald eagles too often in Ontario and certainly never three on the same tree, also on the note of animals I got to see that I normally haven't has the opportunity to see: jellyfish - tons of them, kind of neat/creepy looking things.
The terrain out there is really cool and the forests are breath taking (and full of weird noises), felt like I was in Jurassic park all day or on the forest moon of endor.
I ended up meeting a couple nice people on the way back too who had offered me a ride from the ferry in tswassen back to Richmond, so that was pretty awesome.
Could definitely see myself trying to get a job with my company on the island and moving out that way, it's pretty damn nice out there!

June 5, 2015, 7:53 a.m.

Have you been to the forests up on Cypress yet?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 1, 2015, 11:07 p.m.

the Island isn't nearly as nice as you think. lots of problems and issues. certainly not half the employment opportunities as many other places. i'd cast my gaze back to Ontario if i were you.

July 2, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

Have you been to the forests up on Cypress yet?

Not yet! So far for trails I've done this one on the island and delta watershed.

July 2, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

the Island isn't nearly as nice as you think. lots of problems and issues. certainly not half the employment opportunities as many other places. i'd cast my gaze back to Ontario if i were you.

Lol that's got to be a joke. Employment in ontario? You know I moved out here because the job market is MUCH better than Ontario right? And that I don't have to worry about "employment opportunity" on the island, because I'm not some leaf in the wind who moves before finding employment, the company I work for has an office in Victoria and I could certainly work there if an opening pops up.