Colorado

March 30, 2013, 4:37 a.m.

I'm spending 10 days in Colorado in May - flying in and out of Denver. Trying to decide on a loop and places to stay, doesn't have to be 100% biking spots.

So far on the radar I've got Moab, Grand Junction, Trestle bike park. Will be taking my Santa Cruz TRc so not looking for hectic DH.

Any tips on spots to stay headed west from Denver would be great

March 30, 2013, 8:05 a.m.

I had a lot of fun in Salida for a day. Wish I stuck around for more, as there was lots to do.
http://www.salidamountaintrails.org/

Cool bike shop, nice fun technical xc trails close to town. It was a cool little town with a nice downtown.

March 30, 2013, 11:06 a.m.

My wife and I stayed at a B[HTML_REMOVED]B in Palisades for a week, just a couple of minutes outside of Grand Junction. It's in wine country so when you're done riding you can tour the wineries (by bike) and get nice and loaded. Price was reasonable for a big suite with a soaker tub and some awesome breakfasts in the morning before riding.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 30, 2013, 11:31 p.m.

Cheers - Salida looks a good distance from Denver, about 3 hrs by google, which is a OK amount to drive for me.

April 2, 2013, 2:30 p.m.

I would think that most of the goods in Colorado will still be under snow in May, like Trestle bike park.

Head straight for Salida, then Moab, then maybe some spots around Zion and Bryce like Thunder Mtn or Gooseberry. There are some dope slot canyons on the way too.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40