Camping near Penticton?

Aug. 7, 2019, 10:16 a.m.

I'm looking to head up to ride the trails around Penticton and wondering about camping. I have a rooftop tent so would like to be able to pull off and park/sleep. Any recommendations?

Aug. 8, 2019, 8:51 a.m.

Arawana forestry road that goes up to the Rusty Muffler lot in the 3 blind mice trail system has tons of free places to camp.  A couple kms up on your left after you leave the pavement. "Naramata Beer run trail" on trail forks runs right thru the camp area.

Aug. 12, 2019, 1:42 p.m.

Thanks for the info. We are also debating about going up to Rossland to ride. Is one better than the other? Camping around Rossland? I'm coming from Leavenworth down in the states.

If we are headed to Rossland, we were thinking of going up by Christina lake and up the Crowsnest Hwy and then down to Rossland. Anything we should stop for? Making a long weekend out of it. Also, can anyone recommend camping along Crowsnest hwy? We have a 4runner with a rooftop tent. Would rather wilderness camp rather than stay in a campground.

Last edited by: kadmille2 on Aug. 12, 2019, 2:15 p.m., edited 2 times in total.