Bend Oregon ride recommendations

July 16, 2015, 8:05 a.m.

So we're heading down to Bend for a few days in order to take in the Phish shows next week. We're also planning on bringing our bikes to get our shred on. We're thinking a 1-2 hr ride on day 1, a 2-3 hr ride on day two, and depending on how much concert recovery is required, a 1-3 hour ride on day three. We've never been to Bend so have no idea where the key riding zones are.

Would love to hear people's recommendations. If there's a really good (not likely to get lost) 3-4 hr loop we would be open to that idea too. As far as trail types… we like tech, we like flow, we like jumps - actually, we like riding mountain bikes on mountains and are up for just about anything.

Preferably the rides will be close to town - i.e. maximum 15 minutes required to drive to trail head (it's a 10 hr drive to get there so once we are there we don't wanna drive much) or close enough to ride right from town.

Thanks!

NIMBY Fifty - A _Technical Marathon XC Race _in Pemberton, BC. Details & Registration at www.nimbyfifty.com

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride." - G.D.

July 16, 2015, 8:34 a.m.

Lots of options in the Phil's trails close to town.

http://www.ormtb.com/Central_Oregon/CO_Trails/Phils.htm

You'll also be able to see other areas on that site.

July 16, 2015, 9:15 a.m.

For the short ride, there is a nice out and back along the Deschutes river that run through town.

There are some techy sections through the volcanic rocks.

July 17, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

Thanks for the info! Phil's area seems to be the zone to hit for 2 hr ish loops. Will look into the Deschutes area too.

Cheers.

NIMBY Fifty - A _Technical Marathon XC Race _in Pemberton, BC. Details & Registration at www.nimbyfifty.com

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride." - G.D.