BC Riding recommendations

July 8, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

My mum and sister are coming out to visit and we are planning on doing a big road trip around BC.
From Whistler to Banff/Jasper, hopefully in a nice circular loop. Can anyone provide some recommendations? Thinking things like natural hot springs, very short hikes with good view points. Ill have my trail bike with me for when mum needs some down time. probably 3-4 hours maximum at a time. I've ridden 7 summits, frisby ridge and a couple of things in Nelson (none of the good stuff).

So far on the list of places to ride is Nelson and hopefully Revelstoke again, and maybe Mount 7. but also looking for other cool places to go check out. The photos of Rossland in the Trans BC on PB make it look like an awesome place to ride too.

Any tips would be appreciated!

July 8, 2016, 11:41 a.m.

Really beautiful part of BC is the Slocan Valley. Hits a lot of nice points for your Ma, nice vistas, short hikes, drivable lookouts, hot springs. Also loads of good riding in a 1hr vicinity, including some in the back yard!

July 8, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

Really beautiful part of BC is the Slocan Valley. Hits a lot of nice points for your Ma, nice vistas, short hikes, drivable lookouts, hot springs. Also loads of good riding in a 1hr vicinity, including some in the back yard!

Around the new denver area? was definitely planning on driving that road from Nelson to Revelstoke. Any specific tips or just stop in New Denver and ask around?
Also looking for campsites!

July 9, 2016, 12:42 p.m.

Heres a couple reccys, but I havent been out that way in a few years so what the current status is might require some research.

In the hood of Nakusp are the halfway hotsprings, and they are pretty cool. When I was there, it was pretty low key, but I have heard of Pre and Post Shambhala parties going on in that are. There is a bit of riding in Nakusp.
There is a gov't campsite in Rosebury, however, North of Rosebury, at the North tip of Slocan lake, there are some good campsites as well, I believe its a forestry rec site. New Denver is a good spot to stop and relax. Swimming and fishing at the mouth of the river is fun. When in New Denver you gotta visit Sandon Mine historical site and hike up Idaho Peak to the lookout. There are bike trails off of Idaho peak as well. Its a very rad viewpoint. There was (probably is) a bike shop in New Denver as well.
South of New Denver, and South of Silverton is Bannock Point, awesome swimming and camping right on the lake.
And south of there is the Slocan river, for excellent floating. In Crescent valley, there is a great Co-Op grocery store as well.

July 13, 2016, 9:42 a.m.

thanks man!

July 13, 2016, 4:35 p.m.

Lots of good riding to be had in Rossland. Can easily pedal right out of town. Duck into Revolution on the main drag for a free, high quality trail map. Good people in there.

July 13, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

Around the new denver area? was definitely planning on driving that road from Nelson to Revelstoke. Any specific tips or just stop in New Denver and ask around?
Also looking for campsites!

talk to Rob at the Wilds of Canada bike shop. he can set you up with shuttles and guiding in the new denver area

http://wildsofcanadacycles.blogspot.ca/2009/07/bicycle-service-in-new-denver-bc.html

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 15, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

Thanks guys.
So far my list of things to ride is
Martha Creek Revelstoke
Mount 7 - Anyone have trail recommendations? Will be on a trail bike not DH im pretty sure
Tossing up between powerslave / Gold Member / Or the baldface descent the TransBC did in Nelson
Sundowner -[HTML_REMOVED] Choices in New Denver

Aug. 19, 2016, 11:04 a.m.

Just want to bump this up as the departure is coming pretty soon

Anyone got any more info?