Alpine riding in the Sea to Sky?

July 29, 2013, 2:50 p.m.

I'm looking to do more alpine riding/epics but I'm having a hard time finding places to ride in this area (that are legal anyway).

I've already done Elfin lakes a couple times and it's nice but I'd like something longer and more single track.

From what I've read, these are potentials:

- Tenquille lake in Pemberton
- Disneyland/Goat Ridge above Britannia Beach. Seems like it would be a brutal hike-a-bike though…
- Brandywine meadows - Are bikes allowed here? Is there even any good riding there?

Does anyone have any more suggestions for alpine riding within a 2hr drive from Squamish? If you don't want to share publicly, send me a PM.

Thanks!

July 29, 2013, 2:55 p.m.

that's about it right now…..f'ing brutal, especially after all the legal riding on multi-use trails that a group of us did over the past week in between Revy and Nelson…..S2S is so off the back

July 29, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

Head North to the chilcotins, you can get some alpine there, or even better the Yukon has great alpine!

July 29, 2013, 7:15 p.m.

Head North to the chilcotins, you can get some alpine there, or even better the Yukon has great alpine!

Thanks I knew about the Chilcotins but that's definitely not a day trip. I'm looking for something a bit closer.

July 29, 2013, 8:10 p.m.

i've always wondered about Sedgewick.

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

July 29, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

terrain around here is not really that conducive to mountain biking.

hell, even most of the hiking trails have limited alpine time and you spend most of the time in trees on the ascent or descent.