Which race license should I get?

April 6, 2008, 11:47 p.m.

I want to race the Rippers, maybe the Rat Race, the Cardiac Challenge xc race, the Race the Ranch DH, and maybe a few others that come along. Is there one license that covers me for all these events? If there are multiple options, which one is the best?

Thanks.

-m

April 7, 2008, 7 a.m.

Full season licence for you then. One transaction and you're set for the season. Plus extended medical and dental coverage for any training or competition riding.
http://www.cyclingbc.net/itoolkit.asp?pg=WHAT_LICENSE_DO_YOU

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

April 7, 2008, 7:59 a.m.

I don't know your past history, but with your skills you'll do well.

April 7, 2008, 8:33 a.m.

Aren't the Rippers GRMBA insurance?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

April 7, 2008, 10:29 a.m.

Full season licence for you then. One transaction and you're set for the season. Plus extended medical and dental coverage for any training or competition riding.
http://www.cyclingbc.net/itoolkit.asp?pg=WHAT_LICENSE_DO_YOU

Only in Canada….

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 7, 2008, 12:07 p.m.

Thanks a lot guys.

It's ok that it's only Canada. If I happen to find myself at a US race this season (highly unlikely but you never know), I'll get a day license…

-m

April 7, 2008, 12:47 p.m.

Thanks a lot guys.

It's ok that it's only Canada. If I happen to find myself at a US race this season (highly unlikely but you never know), I'll get a day license…

-m

nono, insurance.. most travel insurance doesn't cover you for "speed competitions", cycling BC offers insurance for racing/training in the US for $5 per day, if you have a CBC license. We were talking to some people down in Port Angeles this weekend who had to pay $6000 for an ambulance ride..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 7, 2008, 1:35 p.m.

Aren't the Rippers GRMBA insurance?

yep. If you want to race those events you listed Matt you will need both cycling BC and GRMBA insurance/licences. I think one day licences are $10 for GRMBA.

Essentially all the races on the Island are GRMBA, but our club is CyclingBC affiliated, so I get the pleasure of joining both organizations this year. :rolleyes:

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com