What are you doing to train for TOM 08?

Jan. 6, 2008, 9:20 a.m.

I am having the web site updated. West Coast Racing Power Training sessions start April 3rd and run every Thursday for 10 weeks.

http://westcoastracing.ca/index.php?option=com_content[HTML_REMOVED]task=view[HTML_REMOVED]id=20[HTML_REMOVED]Itemid=41

Jan. 9, 2008, 6:33 p.m.

TOM has a training program for your build up to the race
it not bad advise but not to guided

http://www.testofmetal.ontrackmedia.ca/train1.htm

they had an old version which is much better detail and based on heart rate and it is as follows…

Training Program Overview

This recommended program is based on an 8-week schedule, with 4-5 workouts per week and includes a mix of workouts. The intensity of the workouts will increase over the 8 weeks, with a focus on base development at the onset. By week 5, intensity increases and by week 7 and 8 the program begins to taper in preparation race day.

Each type of workout and its physiological purpose is described below. This is a recommendation based on a fairly intense amount of training hours per week. As lifestyles vary, the program may be modified to suit individual desires and availability of time! Good luck!

Levels of heart rate intensity:

To progress in any training program, understanding and monitoring heart rate is important. Following is a reference to heart rate levels recommended as part of the training program and referred to throughout the program.

Low heart rate (LHR): Below 60[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of maximum heart rate
Moderate heart rate (MHR): 60 to 70% of maximum heart rate
Intense heart rate (IHR): 70 to 80% of maximum heart rate

[HTML_REMOVED]#183; Maximum heart rate is the measured at 220 minus your age.
[HTML_REMOVED]#183; Recommended heart rate percentages are targets only.
[HTML_REMOVED]#183; Heart rates will vary by gender and fitness level. It is important when using heart rate targets that you are familiar with your maximum heart rate and work to appropriate levels, considering your current fitness level and/or any cardiovascular issues.

So there ya go for what its worth…its good but ya gotta have time

shwam one, two and heif, schfourteen-teen

:deadhorse:

Jan. 13, 2008, 9:30 p.m.

I should put this on my calendar, sounds like a blast… if I manage to survive!

Edit: I need to give myself an award for stupidity. I had absolutely no clue that the registration was already full up and done. I guess there is always next year…

22 Pride

Jan. 17, 2008, 4:05 p.m.

I am having the web site updated. West Coast Racing Power Training sessions start April 3rd and run every Thursday for 10 weeks.

It's going to be Thursday nights this year? Why the change?

Jan. 20, 2008, 10:42 a.m.

I had absolutely no clue that the registration was already full up and done. I guess there is always next year…

Come race the Campbell River 50km June 1st if you cant get into the ToM. And for people training for the ToM, it would be a good event to see how your fitness is coming along.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com