Wanted - Enduro World Series Whistler entry

Aug. 7, 2014, 3:20 p.m.

http://theteamrobot.blogspot.ca/2014/08/death-by-pedaling.html

"Welcome to Whistler, bitch"

I wish that comment was mine.

I enjoyed the last comment on EPO. Which then had me thinking…at the highest level of Enduro, EPO would be hugely beneficial for recovery. With the EWS not under the UCI umbrella, I'm wondering if we will run into an EPO issue in Enduro?

Aug. 7, 2014, 3:23 p.m.

I enjoyed the last comment on EPO. Which then had me thinking…at the highest level of Enduro, EPO would be hugely beneficial for recovery. With the EWS not under the UCI umbrella, in wondering if we will run into an EPO issue in Enduro?

enduro does have national affiliated (UCI) racing in some euro countries, ie. France, so I think there may be testing in some regards…although not an non-sanctioned events I guess…..

Aug. 8, 2014, 11:16 a.m.

I enjoyed the last comment on EPO. Which then had me thinking…at the highest level of Enduro, EPO would be hugely beneficial for recovery. With the EWS not under the UCI umbrella, I'm wondering if we will run into an EPO issue in Enduro?

How quick does that stuff work?

I got a line installed for IV drip. Will have to ask at LGH tonight when they give more anti-biotics if I can also get me an EPO to go.

If I can race it looks like it will be full blind. Will come up to racer meeting and pick up race plate tomorrow am but don't think I'll be riding with the IV line in. It should come out Saturday night if I don't need more rounds.

Aug. 8, 2014, 4:23 p.m.

I got a line installed for IV drip. Will have to ask at LGH tonight when they give more anti-biotics if I can also get me an EPO to go.

If I can race it looks like it will be full blind. Will come up to racer meeting and pick up race plate tomorrow am but don't think I'll be riding with the IV line in. It should come out Saturday night if I don't need more rounds.

Hmmm I'm not too sure, you could probably over do it and stop your heart faster than the performance benefit though!

With the normal IV though…when everybody is out suffering in the heat Sunday, you could plug a bag in mid way. You will go from bonk to awesome in 15 minutes:-D

Aug. 8, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

if you had some bags of your own blood in the freezer…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 8, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

Wow, there's some big boy lines on the rds stage (on the wee bike, anyways). This should prove to be entertaining, to say the least.

Aug. 8, 2014, 7:54 p.m.

Wow, there's some big boy lines on the rds stage (on the wee bike, anyways). This should prove to be entertaining, to say the least.

Yeah, I rode one of those by accident today. A bit of a brown trouser moment, I will not be riding that line on Sunday! Chunky that trail, very chunky.

On another note, fellow mortals will be happy to hear they're adjusting the transition times so we'll only have to race the stages, not the transitions!! :)

Sustainable will be around forever.

Aug. 9, 2014, 1:51 p.m.

Yeah, the extra 10mins will certainly help. Still going to be a solid push though, I think (esp given the heat and gruelling nature of the climbs).

Aug. 9, 2014, 9:24 p.m.

Yeah, the extra 10mins will certainly help. Still going to be a solid push though, I think (esp given the heat and gruelling nature of the climbs).

yup, everything is totally doable within the allowed time, but you still won't be able to dawdle about

Aug. 10, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

Awaiting stories of agony and intolerable weather conditions…

Aug. 10, 2014, 8:23 p.m.

I flatted top of stage 3, fixed it quick, but still way back, and then flatted on TOTW……kinda bummed, but at the same time had a great day, passed 7 people on Stage 4, and loved the rawness of the first 2 stages! Made some new friends along the way and got a dose of humblepie

Aug. 10, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

from an observers point of view, no water at the first 2 aid stations made for some interesting interactions between some racers and those manning said stations….

Aug. 10, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

Huge props to everyone that raced. I'll definitely be giving her a go next year.

Aug. 11, 2014, 7:45 a.m.

that was quite the ride. had a clean day apart from one minor off, but my hands / arms were fully baked by s4, and had to back way off on the final stages just to hold on. the sustained steepness and compressions everywhere (roots / holes) were relentless. guess i've gotten soft from all our buffed out trails. some pretty entertaining steep lines on the valley trails though. epic day for sure.

Aug. 11, 2014, 8:35 a.m.

too good not to share. not sure what stage this was on

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/374764/

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave