Toonie #5 - Map/Info

July 12, 2013, 12:36 p.m.

I say blind = true/pure Enduro format. Levels the field. Keeps peeps in check. Less peeps interested in spontaneous racing if people can practice all week.

This was tough week for many, post BCBR exhaustion for racers [HTML_REMOVED] crew, summer camp season, nationals this weekend [HTML_REMOVED] I think some intimidated by racing Ladies. Running same stages repeatedly gives past racers advantage too. I know all EB staff missed this one but will likely attend final Toonie.

Party at water towers is good, ads to vibe when there is some action there.

My .02

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

July 12, 2013, 12:37 p.m.

Thanks for running these Brian [HTML_REMOVED] NSMBA!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

July 15, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

I'd love to make the last race but won't be here due to going away for a weekend mountain bike trip.

Which is too bad because the last course is going to be awesomely fun! If you're in town there no reason to miss the last toonie of the year.

Brian and all the vollies have done a great job this year coming up with some fun courses within the constraints of what is available on Fromme.

With respect to announcing the courses ahead of time I can see arguments for an against.

For intermediate to advanced riders having a blind course wouldn't be an issue. But for more beginner or early intermediate riders they might benefit from being able to pre-ride the courses or be able to make bike and gear selection choices.

Maybe a compromise would be to have some of the races published and others blind. Or indicate the general kind of race, for example mainly Fromme with mainly DH on black trails, or Seymour with All mountain/XC trails.

July 15, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

This is from an intermediate (or so I think) rider's POV. I enjoy seeing the course posted in advance. Looking at last week's race (my first), I've been on Dreamweaver and BP but had not touched LO/BS due to the fact that I didn't really have the confidence. But knowing in advance, I a) had the option to pre-ride and/or b) knew there were going to be a bunch of other riders on the trail(strength in numbers courage). I found the Toonie a GREAT experience to get up there and ride with other people and knowing what runs I was doing in advance allowed me to mentally prep for what could have been a rough ride on LO/BS…happily, it was a great experience….

Hoping to make it out for this week's race and BBQ! :dizzy: