The Official Rat Race registration is open thread!

May 29, 2008, 10:24 p.m.

4 practice laps tonight boys and girls!the course is a+++.

we will be out tomorrow after 4pm flagging and doing some last minute buffing on the last section after the log drop so heads up please.stop by say hey and bring us a beer damit!

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

May 29, 2008, 10:35 p.m.

we will be out tomorrow after 4pm flagging and doing some last minute buffing on the last section after the log drop so heads up please.stop by say hey and bring us a beer damit!

:lol: if i carry beer, you know it's gonna be fizzy once opened.

my lights are charged…:D

May 29, 2008, 11:21 p.m.

will totally drop off some brews. im headed for the ferry for 330 hopefully so ill be riding by 6 or so

Idiocy

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

May 30, 2008, 8:58 a.m.

A fair bit of climbing. First bit is a fireroad climb followed by some singletrack. A fast double track descent is next. Then a biggish climb on a nastyish singletrack techy bit. After that it goes up and down on various bits of logging road and double track. A feed zone and then a fairly long, flattish traverse over logging road. This will probably be wet and full of puddles as the snow just melted off of it last week.

Then you dive into a clear cut and some fun singletrack descents mixed with more logging roads here and there. The last few climbs are kinda killer. They wouldn't be bad at the start of the race, but at the end you're kinda punched out. The finish is down some double track that you did at the start. Absolutely pin it here. Some of the funnest, wide open, bermed turns you'll do on an XC bike. That'll pop you out onto the powerline access road and you'll be 2 minutes from the finish so sprint like hell to catch that guy (or girl) just ahead of you.

If you've done the Test, figure on finishing around 20-35 minutes faster. There are no long sustained climbs like 9 mile hill. THink Crumpit woods instead. Good luck!!

Dave (doing both the XC and DH)

Thanks for that Dave. This is actually my first race. I just hope by the time I hit the powerline access road there is still someone in front of me!

May 31, 2008, 3:19 a.m.

VIVA LA B-TEAM!:coo:

May 31, 2008, 3:26 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=7IcHnR581oc

June 1, 2008, 3:29 p.m.

What a fun, flowy event..grats to all the racers and a sincere thanks to the organizers for giving their time.

Ps. Healing vibes to diana!

Cya next year!
Posted via Mobile Device

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 1, 2008, 8:46 p.m.

when will results be up

June 1, 2008, 8:53 p.m.

i know i'm smilin ear to ear.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

June 1, 2008, 9:13 p.m.

Yes, healing vibes to the injured Muddbunny, and any other riders that went down hard (I think there were a couple of injuries?)

The XC was great, perfect weather, and I love the community - lots of cheering and support from the spectators, great job on the organization. Same for the DH - loved seeing all of the women out to race!

I know I'm going to be stiff and sore tomorrow!

Great race everyone, and thanks to all that organized, supported, volunteered, and helped out, for a fantastic time!

June 1, 2008, 9:19 p.m.

fastest mother fucker on the hill!

June 1, 2008, 9:25 p.m.

nice job, :beer::beer:

June 1, 2008, 9:29 p.m.

imagine having that dude right behind you at the start

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

June 1, 2008, 9:39 p.m.

Sweet event. It was a killer weekend and much respect to the guys who buffed the course. It was in awesome shape.

Heal up Curtis and way to go Stubz!

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

June 1, 2008, 10:13 p.m.

Sweet event. It was a killer weekend and much respect to the guys who buffed the course. It was in awesome shape.

Heal up Curtis and way to go Stubz!

thanks buddy,Im definitely hitting the couch for a few days ,thats for sure. great riding with you.