the bubba scrub

March 1, 2005, 11:11 p.m.

So he is gunning it as he lays the front tire over and skids it off and over the top of the lip?
or is the advantage that you are gassing it the whole way in and dont stop until you're in the air ? ?

maybe I still dont completely get this move… I'll have to see if I can see it in a video somewhere.

son of a stromatolite !

March 2, 2005, 12:09 p.m.

the throttle helps keep your ass down in the air, rotational force i think. you can still get (relatively) the same effect by timing your pedalling over jumps. at redudancy, brian o does this very well.

March 2, 2005, 4:58 p.m.

Originally posted by grj
the throttle helps keep your ass down in the air, rotational force i think. you can still get (relatively) the same effect by timing your pedalling over jumps. at redudancy, brian o does this very well.

huh??

to drop the rear end on a moto with the throttle you need at least a 60 foot hit, and for it to be effective your engine is pinned at about 13000RPM, B.O is quick but not that quick.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

March 2, 2005, 11:47 p.m.

Originally posted by SIDESHOW
to drop the rear end on a moto with the throttle you need at least a 60 foot hit, and for it to be effective your engine is pinned at about 13000RPM, B.O is quick but not that quick.

Using throttle to lower the rear or raise the nose works becaues you are accelerating the rear wheel and that causes the rest of the bike to rotate in the oposite direction. As the rear wheel accelerates in a clockwise motion, the bike rotates in a counter clockwise rotation.
It has nothing to do with RPM.

http://www.scottvelez.com

March 3, 2005, 12:30 a.m.

^^^^^are you serious. maybe when your idling your nose might drop but you would need to a 500 foot jump.

I've been racing moto for 20 years bro, and it has everything to do with RPM, in order to drop your rear wheel you need to twist the throttle wide open.

to clarify its the rpm of the rear wheel relative to what the engine is doing.

to all that are reading this disregard the previous post and come to the track in Squamish on Sunday and I'll show you how little the rear end will "sink" at full throttle, and at a mid rev RPM.

when you endo on a moto you lay it wide open and hope it saves your life.

end of story.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

March 3, 2005, 12:50 a.m.

so how DOES it work?

son of a stromatolite !

March 3, 2005, 7:19 a.m.

Originally posted by Coop
so how DOES it work?

No matter what, it's all PHYSICS, so do some surfing on the web for Newton's laws.
Also, look for definitions and explanations of moment of inertia, angular velocity and angular acceleration.

March 3, 2005, 10:01 a.m.

yes Scott is on the right track with reverse inertia etc,

I've had it explained to me, by they that are smarter than myself….

bottomline: if your endoing on your moto hold er wide open and she'll sink.

who cares about the math, fuckin send it…………..

cl

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

March 3, 2005, 10:14 a.m.

If you're nose high, you can also use the brakes to rotate the bike forward and lower the nose.

One advantage MX has over MTB is a bit more control in the air. There has been a few times I could have used a wide open throttle!!!

March 3, 2005, 11:37 p.m.

So how does having a tire pressure that will slide (higher than regular) help Bubba do this move?

son of a stromatolite !

March 6, 2005, 1:02 p.m.

in order to "scrub" the bike needs to smear a little, hard tires would cause a high side if you pushed on it too hard???

the fact is that only Bubbs really knows the answers, no one can pull it like him.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

March 12, 2005, 7:37 p.m.

Corey is correct.

On another note, I always lock up the front or rear wheel on my MTB when I'm too high in the front. Dips the front of the bike really fast. It helps when your overshooting those tables on A-Line, so you can hit tranny.