the bubba scrub

Feb. 22, 2005, 9:41 p.m.

can someone explain this to me, how it works ? i was reading something in my buddys mx magazine, but it was just over the lunch hour and i didnt really get the grasp of it..

is it a way of getting minimum air over jumps so that you're on the ground quicker and able to gas it some more? or is it a way to set yourself up for a corner after a jump by tabling into the berm.

i'm wondering if it'd be something to try to work into an a-line run, or something like that.

just an idea, up for discussion.

son of a stromatolite !

Feb. 23, 2005, 2:03 a.m.

At his own races, Stewart is a showman. He has developed a mind-boggling stunt called the Bubba Scrub, in which he takes a steep jump parallel to the ground.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/12/18/Sports/It_s_Bubba_s_world.shtml

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Feb. 23, 2005, 5:21 p.m.

this is interesting anyone have any pictures of this technique or anything else about it.

Feb. 23, 2005, 5:30 p.m.

http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/showflat.php?Cat=[HTML_REMOVED]Board=motomain[HTML_REMOVED]Number=302974[HTML_REMOVED]page=0[HTML_REMOVED]view=collapsed[HTML_REMOVED]sb=5[HTML_REMOVED]o=0[HTML_REMOVED]fpart=

theres a bit on it i dont fully understand it to well more pics would help.

Feb. 23, 2005, 6:43 p.m.

There was a pretty sweet how-to article in a moto mag, and I'll try to post it up, but I've read all the stuff I could google on it and I wondered if anyone had any real-life experience with this trick.

I'll pm SIDESHOW, he's a moto freak I think…

son of a stromatolite !

Feb. 26, 2005, 2:53 p.m.

Check out the DVD The Great Outdoors 1-2 sweet outdoor MX from the states, Bubba is intense, picture coming up the face of a table jump, unweighting the bike at the bottom, and as your front wheel reaches the lip, you whip it flat and suck up the lip, staying low on the bikeand letting the energy of the bike come up into your arms and legs and body. If you have every seen a AA pro BMX race you see it all the time just smaller. That kid gets out in front and just pins it the whole time, nuts on a bike, wish he was at the race in Vancouver.

mtbskierdad

Feb. 28, 2005, 6:27 p.m.

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/how_to/article/0,13190,1030379,00.html

ere ya go boys

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 28, 2005, 6:32 p.m.

I can do it a bit off small jumps, but he does it at warp and it becomes a whole different trick.

I did learn no-hander rear fender grabs off a 60 foot booter on Saturday…..fuck does your bike nose dive when you grab the rear fender, what a feeling.

i tried a nothing and had to pull the bike back by grabbing the rear fender so it turned out to be a 2 handed super seater……….not one purpose….wholly does a 200 pound moto drop when you let er go.

oh so no I can not do the Bubba Scrub, and really there are only like 3 people that can pull that move right now.

It shows that as these sports progress they all borrow from each other, its a very BMXy move.

watch Brian O on a BMX track he carves his bike in like that.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 28, 2005, 9 p.m.

Good post SIDESHOW. That's a cool techinque, man you gotta have sack to pull that off.

Reminds me of this summer following Rennie down A-line * not for very long * He would get zero Air time off most Jumps, and go warp speed into corners, and (basically) punch the bike into the berms, the speed that he could change direction, was amazing. I learned a ton just by watching him for like 1 minute, just imagine if you could ask a few questions.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

March 1, 2005, 12:05 p.m.

great thread!

March 1, 2005, 9:14 p.m.

BRAIN O RIPPIN BUBBA STYLE!! we've got some real sick footage of b0

yo

March 1, 2005, 9:15 p.m.

and another one of brian stylin'

yo

March 1, 2005, 9:24 p.m.

intresting i want to try this on some jumps it seems interesting a line would be a perfect trail to try it on.

March 1, 2005, 9:48 p.m.

I remember hearing that they ran a chainless dh race on A-Line before, and from my experience (very limited), it seemed like the main thing that was slowing my times down the trail was having to brake to make the landings properly, so how could I manage to keep more momentum over the jumps? Or even just some of the jumps… I have a recurring dream where I am doubling up the first set of 2 tables in a row.

I'd be pretty stoked on seeing this move pulled on an mtb at speed…..!

son of a stromatolite !

March 1, 2005, 10:09 p.m.

you can't do it on an MTB. The move is throttle based and is initiated on the lip.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com