suncoaster dh may 1/11

March 6, 2011, 6:30 a.m.

probably already posted and if so i will delete. the xc race is the day before…

http://www.sunshinecoaster.net/register.html

March 6, 2011, 6:46 p.m.

ah, that's nice…they stole two pics of mine from the nimby fifty, cropped off my watermark and no photo credit…thanks

March 6, 2011, 7:10 p.m.

Well they should just be thankful your not leelau

March 7, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

Well they should just be thankful your not leelau

I'm all for helping out small events, but at least have the courtesy to fire me a freaking email and ask…

March 7, 2011, 2:52 p.m.

$85.00?!?!?!?!? For the DH portion?

What was the price last year? That seems pretty steep for a Non-BC Cup Race. What are the riders getting at this event to justify that cost?

www.steedcycles.com

March 7, 2011, 3:19 p.m.

A $15 BBQ salmon and a $5 beer. But, ouch, still very pricey!

March 7, 2011, 3:27 p.m.

What was the price last year? That seems pretty steep for a Non-BC Cup Race. What are the riders getting at this event to justify that cost?

and it's non-refundable or transferable…..

thanks for helping me out last year.

March 7, 2011, 3:44 p.m.

This year we will be including a salmon barbeque and a beer (soft drink for the U19s) with your entry. This will be supplied and cooked by our wonderful hosts, the Sunshine Coast Equestrian Club. If you remember the Rat Race, you know how good the food is.
We will have some extra on hand for your cheering squads at a cost of $15 per plate, and $5 per glass.

The XC Marathon course is not yet set in stone as our course designer is still mulling over the options. The DH will definitely be the ever popular Mach Chicken. Both maps will be posted on the website soon.
Although we do plan on having the XC cleared and marked for preriding on March 30th, the weather and other factors mean we reserve the right to alter the proposed course at the last minute.
A short version of the XC will be offered to those less inclined to do every trail in Roberts Creek in one day. This will also be marked 30 days prior to race day.
For the first seven years you knew it as the Rat Race. Now reincarnated as the Sunshine Coaster, we cover the same great terrain with the same hardworking people behind the scenes. Our return to the marathon format XC will see our sadistic course designer chuckling as he ponders how much climbing he can throw in.
Our experience and expertise will make sure you have the best ride, and the best food afterwards.
A new category for those of you who insist you have the bike that can do it all. Run the XC marathon and the DH on the same bike. The short course XC doesn't count for this. Special prizes for the top guy and top girl with the overall fastest time.

supply and demand? Race is always sold out.

March 7, 2011, 3:51 p.m.

Er, pretty sure Ned's was the same cost last year, no?

Edit: Just noticed the "non BC-cup" disclaimer in the quoted post.

Still, paying this kind of cash for races where very little shuttles are provided makes my nether-regions sore. BC cup or not.

March 7, 2011, 4:08 p.m.

Er, pretty sure Ned's was the same cost last year, no?

Yeah, Arduum and Ned's were that cost for the Pro's. (Price includes the prize purse)

For everyone else it was $75.00.

Even the XC is that price and The Richard Juryn Marathon cost like $65.00 last year.

Charging ridiculous amounts because the event sells out is a cop out. I would pay that much for an event that was worth it… SSC is not worth $85.00.

www.steedcycles.com

March 7, 2011, 6:04 p.m.

Yeah, Arduum and Ned's were that cost for the Pro's. (Price includes the prize purse)

For everyone else it was $75.00.

Even the XC is that price and The Richard Juryn Marathon cost like $65.00 last year.

Charging ridiculous amounts because the event sells out is a cop out. I would pay that much for an event that was worth it… SSC is not worth $85.00.

ends up costing more because of fairies and hotel/motels… it's going to be a 300$ weekend atleast

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

March 7, 2011, 6:19 p.m.

Do you have to buy fairies? couldn't you just go without for the weekend?

March 7, 2011, 6:51 p.m.

Do you have to buy fairies? couldn't you just go without for the weekend?

i don't think it's happening this year, but that would be a hell of a combo. imagine dh racing on a quarter ounce of 'shrooms!

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 7, 2011, 6:59 p.m.

I think Roberts Creek has some interesting folk there, but not sure if they have any fairies…shrooms could be a strong possibility though..

March 7, 2011, 7:07 p.m.

it's the next best thing

Parking lot punter with a beer belly