Steve Smith is a monster!!

March 30, 2008, 5:44 p.m.

The only thing worse than cutting a corner is to clear away some obstruction you dont like to create a cheater line. I have seen guys moving deadfall, rocks, stumps to gain an advantage to cut off an entire corner.

March 30, 2008, 11:20 p.m.

Still, I raced the Ranch last year and the course was great, but there needed to be more tape. Finding lines on the sides of trails to cut corners or avoid rough sections is part of racing and line choice, and that should be considered when taping a course. I agree the guys cutting that switch back section were retarded and completely over the top, but course designers need to realize that riders are looking for the advantage, and seeing lines just off the beaten track that are faster is part of line choice. Last year during training, the Ranch race needed more tape so it was clear where riders could stray from the trail or not. Obviously this was sorted out before race time so it all ended nicely and I look forward to the new track this year.

March 31, 2008, 7:18 a.m.

Yea, we needed more tape, but we could'nt find any surprisingly enough.

The upper section will be completely new.

March 31, 2008, 9:45 p.m.

I took the CBC Commissaire course yesterday. You don't need to have anything taped, as long as there's a clear path all the way down. Deviation from that path could result in a dq.

Yea, those couple of guys at the Ranch last year trying to tell the commies that it was legal for them to cut switchbacks. :lol: Poor bugger almost got his license stripped.

Not "poor bugger", cheating bugger. There was a very clear difference between the race trail and the open grassy hillside full of witnesses he felt was fair game. He argued at first but smartened up and backed off just in time to save his licence.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

April 7, 2008, 1:17 p.m.

Results and pics from the PanAmerican games in Venezuela:

http://zciclismo.blog.com/

:mexico: :canada:

April 9, 2008, 7:49 a.m.

I sure am glad I beat him at nationals last year cause its gonna be damn hard to beat him this year by the sounds of it. Congrats Steve if you keep it up youll be on fire this season. I guess the red bull trainer is workin out for him.

Forgot to mention that he blew up at Nationals and had an issue with his bike

Cove Bikes, Team Ontario DH, SDG Components, FiveTen

April 9, 2008, 11:49 a.m.

Forgot to mention that he blew up at Nationals and had an issue with his bike

Racers crash and parts break - ask people about Ewan's race run down Arduum. You'll never see him moaning too much about eating shit a couple times, having mechanical issues, and getting beat by another guy who was faster down the course.

The bottom line, and the only real measuring stick, is the time between the tape.

"It's, like, so much fun."

April 9, 2008, 5:43 p.m.

The bottom line, and the only real measuring stick, is the time between the tape.

well said

April 9, 2008, 7:58 p.m.

If I beat someone who had a complete fork Malfunction I think I would mention that if I was to tell someone I beat them. Crashes are rider error, most mechanicals are bad luck.Ewan is super fast though watch for him this Year

Wasnt this thread about Steve Smith at one time?

only 35 but still beat the 30-39 BC cup Champion 4 out of 6 races

April 9, 2008, 8:59 p.m.

Oh relax, I was congratulating steve on his results. You people take this whole internet thing far too seriously. I was jokingly saying I never expect to beat steve again its just nobody seems to be able figure out this thing called sarcasm. And shit man I was riding a norco aline isn't that a good enough mechanical excuse for losing any race.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

April 9, 2008, 9:24 p.m.

Oh relax, I was congratulating steve on his results. You people take this whole internet thing far too seriously. I was jokingly saying I never expect to beat steve again its just nobody seems to be able figure out this thing called sarcasm. And shit man I was riding a norco aline isn't that a good enough mechanical excuse for losing any race.

is that what happened at Arduum too?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 9, 2008, 9:40 p.m.

Ewan is super fast though watch for him this Year

He just may be the Shocker of the year

get it……….

Shocker

I kill me.

April 10, 2008, 9:18 p.m.

I'm surprised it took Ewan this long to get off the Norco. At least Norco got the chance to "use" him for some "free" footage on their site first.

Ride Hard Ya Tard! :fruit: