Steve Smith is a monster!!

March 25, 2008, 8:48 p.m.

everybody should purchase lavan apparel becasue steve smith is sponsored by lavan and it will make you as fast as him!!!!

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

March 26, 2008, 9:35 a.m.

are they going to be moving tape for this one?

What?

:mexico: :canada:

March 26, 2008, 10:05 a.m.

well there's this rumour floating around that certain Chilean riders rode a slightly different course than the rest of the field due to some tape re-routing

March 26, 2008, 10:41 a.m.

Oh my dog, why is it so hard to recognize that there are fast riders all over the world?

All these guys are fast but because of how things work in our countries sponsorships are not as strong as in richer countries. They can't get sponsors as easier as people from other places and to start a rumour that they "moved the tape" and they rode a "different course than the rest of the field" is a joke.

:mexico: :canada:

March 27, 2008, 1:12 a.m.

Oh my dog, why is it so hard to recognize that there are fast riders all over the world?

All these guys are fast but because of how things work in our countries sponsorships are not as strong as in richer countries. They can't get sponsors as easier as people from other places and to start a rumour that they "moved the tape" and they rode a "different course than the rest of the field" is a joke.

No, it's not so much as a joke. I raced Bear in 2007, and i heard these rumors too (At the time, I was racing the U-17 class). Sgarstin obvoiusly wants to know if these rumors are true, as he ended up placing 2nd in the pro class, despite being a first year Junior Class racer (correct me if I'm wrong Simon?).
Still, not saying that these rumors are true, just that they exist.

March 27, 2008, 8:20 a.m.

Jeez, there were idiots cutting off entire switchbacks at the Ranch race last year and complaining that they were allowed to because it wasn't taped. I'm sure there are people capable of altering a race course.

March 27, 2008, 9:24 a.m.

No, it's not so much as a joke. I raced Bear in 2007, and i heard these rumors too (At the time, I was racing the U-17 class). Sgarstin obvoiusly wants to know if these rumors are true, as he ended up placing 2nd in the pro class, despite being a first year Junior Class racer (correct me if I'm wrong Simon?).
Still, not saying that these rumors are true, just that they exist.

I didn't know there was rumors. interesting.

March 27, 2008, 3:29 p.m.

I don't think there's anywhere on Bear you can shortcut the course is there?

March 27, 2008, 10:15 p.m.

I don't think there's anywhere on Bear you can shortcut the course is there?

I think your right. I heard he was hitting some crazy lines (jumping the turtle rock) and airing off the top of a berm which I saw and was completely within the tape and was a sick line.

March 28, 2008, 12:39 p.m.

i dont see how anyone would be able to lift the tape for two reasons, anything outside of the tape is bush and would be a lot slower then the trail, plus there were way to many spectators on course for someone to lift the tape without getting caught.

i did see the line launching off the turtle rock and it was in bounds and if the chilean riders were doing that they were probably making up some time cause i know i didnt wanna hit that line haha

March 28, 2008, 6:53 p.m.

I watched the chilean ride over turtle rock there was no launching involved he took the egzact same line as all the other pros, well most anyway. I don't know anything about launching a berm, but all courses should be taped top to bottom and most likely will be this year (in mission anyway).

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

March 28, 2008, 8:56 p.m.

All courses should be taped off top to bottom, yes, but tape can be expensive (you need a lot) and sometimes you simply can't find enough stock. The new course at the Ranch will be taped top to bottom.

Also, a course doesn't need tape if there's a clear and obvious trail, as the rules state.

March 28, 2008, 11:25 p.m.

Maybe if people are cutting corners, save tape on straight aways and just tape insides of corners. That way if they miss a corner, they'll be on the wrong side of the tape kinda like slalom gates and will have NO excuse for cutting the corner other than cheating. I'm not sure if that's been attempted in the past or not but I thought I'd put it out there.

Zzzzoom

March 30, 2008, 12:45 p.m.

I'm fine with people making minor cuts like trying to straight line the inside of S bend corners to try and stay straight and fast. That cut line people were trying to use at the Ranch last year was stupid though. If tape is an issue I agree with the above comment that you don't tape straight stretches just corners and areas where people will try to cut. All that said, the general rule normally is "As long as your between the tape it's all legal." Let's just station cops with stun guns at all major cheat lines and zap anyone cheating!:grinno:

Ride Hard Ya Tard! :fruit:

March 30, 2008, 3:56 p.m.

I took the CBC Commissaire course yesterday. You don't need to have anything taped, as long as there's a clear path all the way down. Deviation from that path could result in a dq.

Yea, those couple of guys at the Ranch last year trying to tell the commies that it was legal for them to cut switchbacks. :lol: Poor bugger almost got his license stripped.