Steve Smith dead??

May 11, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

iscariot, I did not start this thread for you to go off on some weird tangent separate from Steve Smith passing away. Congrats on cunting it up. Get out of my thread and start your own shitty one.

So only you can decide how threads go? I've deleted this post. I guess you just can't see the connection.

I'll honour Steve and other dead and injured by not supporting their deaths and carnage with my money. You guys are free to keep supporting it. I'm not telling you what to do or how to honour him. I'm only telling you how I'm going to do it. Just like everyone in this thread will do in their own way.

May 11, 2016, 4:45 p.m.

Talking about how to prevent Zika Virus is insensitive to those suffering from Zika Virus. Now is not the time." is the Conservative's argument.

Now replace Zika Virus with:
Gun Violence
Global Warming
Cigarettes and Cancer
Paedophile Priests
Traffic Congestion
Athletes Dying
etc.

A pretty sad state of thought.

its also not the place to discuss the zika virus or gun violence.. but guess what just a few forums over is the right place.

May 11, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

iscariot, I did not start this thread for you to go off on some weird tangent separate from Steve Smith passing away. Congrats on cunting it up. Get out of my thread and start your own shitty one.

May 11, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

Wow. You need to get over yourself.

My choice as a consumer, is to stop watching TV, videos, rampage etc. IE. Voting with my dollars. If that's entitlement, then I'm all for it. But I think you need a dictionary…

You're self entitled because you have turned a tragic event into something about you.

Jesus man have some respect for the family and friends. I'm not getting into this. My point has been made and everyone but you agrees. Who has the problem here.

Again, RIP Stevie.

Can a mod please block this guy out of consideration for the deceased.

May 11, 2016, 11:17 p.m.

http://www.cheknews.ca/tributes-pour-honouring-nanaimo-star-steve-smith-174600

May 12, 2016, 8:35 a.m.

as it happens (cbc) had an interview w/ gabe fox last night; nicely done piece (starts at 17:00, part 3):

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/listen.html?autoPlay=true[HTML_REMOVED]clipIds=%2C%2C[HTML_REMOVED]mediaIds=2688360705%2C2688360577%2C2688361050[HTML_REMOVED]contentarea=radio[HTML_REMOVED]subsection1=radio1[HTML_REMOVED]subsection2=currentaffairs[HTML_REMOVED]subsection3=as_it_happens[HTML_REMOVED]contenttype=audio[HTML_REMOVED]title=2016%2F05%2F11%2F1.3577228-as-it-happens-wednesday-edition[HTML_REMOVED]contentid=1.3577228

May 12, 2016, 9:22 a.m.

Wow. You need to get over yourself.

My choice as a consumer, is to stop watching TV, videos, rampage etc. IE. Voting with my dollars. If that's entitlement, then I'm all for it. But I think you need a dictionary…

We've had a bunch of users report your comments. You have a right to express them - and they don't violate our terms of service - but you have picked the wrong time and the wrong place to get on your personal soapbox.

The fact that you don't realize that is shocking, and indicative of a lack of awareness of other people's feelings. Entitled may not be entirely correct but there are other words that more accurately describe this sort of behaviour.

In actual fact you may need to get over yourself - rather than the rest of us.

May 12, 2016, 9:56 a.m.

We've had a bunch of users report your comments. You have a right to express them - and they don't violate our terms of service - but you have picked the wrong time and the wrong place to get on your personal soapbox.

The fact that you don't realize that is shocking, and indicative of a lack of awareness of other people's feelings. Entitled may not be entirely correct but there are other words that more accurately describe this sort of behaviour.

In actual fact you may need to get over yourself - rather than the rest of us.

May 12, 2016, 9:57 a.m.

So only you can decide how threads go? I've deleted this post. I guess you just can't see the connection.

I'll honour Steve and other dead and injured by not supporting their deaths and carnage with my money. You guys are free to keep supporting it. I'm not telling you what to do or how to honour him. I'm only telling you how I'm going to do it. Just like everyone in this thread will do in their own way.

FWIW World Cup downhill mountain bikers have exceptionally long careers, with minimal injuries relative to other pro athletes.

But don't let that logic and burst of facts stop you…

Also important to consider how many people die of completely preventable Type 2 diabetes - if pro athletes inspire people to get out there and get fit - the overall impact on the human race is a huge net positive.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 12, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

I can see the connection, we all can see the connection, but that's not the point of the thread. How fucking dense can you be?

May 12, 2016, 11 a.m.

Because we pay to see athletes push themselves boyond their limits…

I'm boycotting MTB and skiing until people stop getting paid to kill themselves. We are responsible for Steve and many others deaths and injuries.

We need to stop buying into the bullshit, and start investing in creative athletes…'creativity is the only way out' (to paraphrase MikeD).

Crass.

Athletes will always push their own boundaries in search of perfection. Money is truly secondary in this sport.

Secondly….I'll never begrudge another human for making the most of every minute of every day. Surfing, riding, skiing…whatever. Whatever it is that gives you that joy of living, do it. I'm sure Stevie packed several lifetimes of the average person into his 26 years. Tragic accident, but damn the critics and the safe play crowd.

RIP.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

May 12, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

PB tribute

Seemed like such a good human. It fucking sucks when you lose one of those…

May 12, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

Yeah that's the thing, any one of those guys would still be pushing it as hard if they were just racing each other, no payday, no cameras, no exposure but just for bragging rights. The fact that some obtuse moron wants to insinuate that Steve's death was an indirect result of the pressures we as a society put on them as athletes is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and shows a complete lack of knowledge. Utter shit.

May 12, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

iscariot = new Vandeman

Wrong. Always.

May 12, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

It's sad that Steve died but if feel so bad for his mom. Must be horrible what she's going thru. All the best, stay strong.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/