Steve Smith dead??

May 10, 2016, 7:59 p.m.

The winning run in 2013 at MSA after the rains came down. Legendary.

Still can't believe the news.

I agree 100%

That race was the stuff Hollywood movies are made about.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 10, 2016, 8:25 p.m.

RIP

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 10, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

Totally gutted. Stevie looked to be on the comeback trail this year. Why does this stuff have to happen?

Because we pay to see athletes push themselves boyond their limits…

I'm boycotting MTB and skiing until people stop getting paid to kill themselves. We are responsible for Steve and many others deaths and injuries.

We need to stop buying into the bullshit, and start investing in creative athletes…'creativity is the only way out' (to paraphrase MikeD).

May 10, 2016, 8:56 p.m.

Just so heart breaking.

He was the greatest Canadian downhiller that ever lived, the reason to get up early and watch World Cup, the man to root for. What an absolutely terrible loss.

RIP Stevie. You will be missed.

-A big fan.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

May 10, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

I'm boycotting MTB and skiing until people stop getting paid to kill themselves. We are responsible for Steve and many others deaths and injuries.

We need to stop buying into the bullshit, and start investing in creative athletes…'creativity is the only way out' (to paraphrase MikeD).

He died doing a different sport(Motorcycle)

This so belongs in a different thread to debate….but I will say this.

At the Canadian nationals a few years ago,my wife and I shared a chairlift with him and spent a majority of the ride up talking about the joys of riding moto(woods riding)and various riding areas. My wife and I were only minutes ago talking about how he spoke passionately about it and as did we.

Dude was a hero both on and off the bike. Totally gutted. RIP

May 10, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

This is a wholely inappropriate response. Get over your self-entitled bullshit and have some respect for a great ambassador for this sport taken from us far too young. Shit happens all the time, whether pushing limits or simply walking down the street. You need a reality check.

Life is precious and sometimes luck runs out, no rhyme or reason to it. Leave your preaching for somewhere else because every single person in this community is hurting at the loss of a great one. Many of us didn't know him personally but felt a connection as a guy that loved to ride bikes in the woods. Huge loss for us all.

Ride in peace brother

May 10, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

^word

May 10, 2016, 9:58 p.m.

^word

Word x 2… I can't describe the unbelievable sadness I feel today… RIP…

May 11, 2016, 6:57 a.m.

This is a wholely inappropriate response. Get over your self-entitled bullshit and have some respect for a great ambassador for this sport taken from us far too young. Shit happens all the time, whether pushing limits or simply walking down the street. You need a reality check.

Life is precious and sometimes luck runs out, no rhyme or reason to it. Leave your preaching for somewhere else because every single person in this community is hurting at the loss of a great one. Many of us didn't know him personally but felt a connection as a guy that loved to ride bikes in the woods. Huge loss for us all.

Ride in peace brother

I'm also guessing he's the kind of guy who's going to be riding fast, taking risks and loving every second regardless if he's getting paid.

RIP Stevie.

May 11, 2016, 7:02 a.m.

I grew up riding Prevost and for quite a few years I've been living and riding in Nanaimo, never knew Steve personally but I've seen him around the trails. Was so stoked to see him off to a decent start again for 2016.

RIP.

May 11, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

I can't believe it, So Sad…I friggen love that guy!

May 11, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

first it was Gazza, now Smith.
2016 has been a tough year.

:(

May 11, 2016, 12:48 p.m.

I'm also guessing he's the kind of guy who's going to be riding fast, taking risks and loving every second regardless if he's getting paid.

this is true. there's a great story from matt hunter in seasons where he talks about how his mom worries about how his job involves hitting huge jumps, and isn't safe - to which he responds well, i'm probably going to be doing it anyway, so i might as well be getting paid for it

young men do dumb, dangerous things. its part of why men's life expectancy is lower than women's. usually its fun, but all too often its sad

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 11, 2016, 4:27 p.m.

Ride in peace brother

Wow. You need to get over yourself.

My choice as a consumer, is to stop watching TV, videos, rampage etc. IE. Voting with my dollars. If that's entitlement, then I'm all for it. But I think you need a dictionary…

May 11, 2016, 4:36 p.m.

Wow. You need to get over yourself.

My choice as a consumer, is to stop watching TV, videos, rampage etc. IE. Voting with my dollars. If that's entitlement, then I'm all for it. But I think you need a dictionary…

how is this relevant to Steve smiths passing doing a completely different sport.

wrong place, wrong time.

starting a new thread is pretty easy