Slow fat guys doing the triple crown

June 8, 2005, 10:49 p.m.

I'll be on the HT with 2" of travel. Rat - bring the chariot, I'll drag some brews up the first mountain.

bunny - you can borrow my Brodie HT. You will owe me incredible amounts of money for the rest of your life, but we can discxuss this afterwards

bunny on a ht? HAHAHA good luck with that eh :lol:

June 8, 2005, 10:49 p.m.

I wish I had a cross country bike right now. I'm doing it on my road bike with CC tires. Ouch.

June 8, 2005, 11:08 p.m.

why dont you and bunny tag team it. one person rides and the other drives. switch it up as much as you like.

won't work. no drinking and driving. :P

thanks zed. i have a ht now… i'm still looking for a dually for the dh though. :)

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

June 8, 2005, 11:10 p.m.

won't work. no drinking and driving. :P

thanks zed. i have a ht now… i'm still looking for a dually for the dh though. :)

i dont think you can switch bikes :rolleyes:

June 8, 2005, 11:38 p.m.

you silly if we can jump in and out of a truck with umbrella drinks and get towed up fromme by a tractor i think i'ts ok to change bikes. :P
and zed i meant i already have a ht. but thanks for the offer. you're great. :)

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

June 9, 2005, 8:57 a.m.

you silly if we can jump in and out of a truck with umbrella drinks and get towed up fromme by a tractor i think i'ts ok to change bikes. :P

yeah but if we're getting towed up then you wont need 2 bikes, right? i like the idea of the umbrella drinks though - are you bringing your blender? and did you ever get my lunchbag from putty's? :mad:

June 9, 2005, 3:07 p.m.

I wish I had a cross country bike right now. I'm doing it on my road bike with CC tires. Ouch.

That's because I have your xc bike now…I finally got it built up, get to ride it today for the first time. :agree:

Maybe I'll try this Triple Crown thing, if only to see the slow fat guy support vehicle! The mental image I have is kind of like when the ice cream truck cruises the neighbourhood.

Picture it: the vehicle chugs slowly up the mountain. Suddenly the nostalgic strains of "Eye of the Tiger" float out over the hills…from the trees, mountain bikers come running, tossing down their bikes, to cluster around the vehicle…"Do you have any Stella?", "Can I have a purple striped umbrella in my girly drink?" and "Hey, LG took the last one!"…;)

June 9, 2005, 3:12 p.m.

That's because I have your xc bike now…I finally got it built up, get to ride it today for the first time. :agree:

Maybe I'll try this Triple Crown thing, if only to see the slow fat guy support vehicle! The mental image I have is kind of like when the ice cream truck cruises the neighbourhood.

Picture it: the vehicle chugs slowly up the mountain. Suddenly the nostalgic strains of "Eye of the Tiger" float out over the hills…from the trees, mountain bikers come running, tossing down their bikes, to cluster around the vehicle…"Do you have any Stella?", "Can I have a purple striped umbrella in my girly drink?" and "Hey, LG took the last one!"…;)

LOL almost lost my coffee here at work… now I will have this image stuck in my head for the next week

June 10, 2005, 8:18 a.m.

tomorrow I will be in the big smoke and I am riding up old buck etc to cbc on my big bike getting ready for the triple crown..endoking was going to join me but the temptation of whisstla has proven to great (fancy nancy).

I will be at the bottom of the old buck at 10 am and wearing a pink tu tu.

June 10, 2005, 8:34 a.m.

Id love to join you but Im going fishing this weekend with the old man

June 10, 2005, 8:49 a.m.

..doh!

June 10, 2005, 9:34 a.m.

tomorrow I will be in the big smoke and I am riding up old buck etc to cbc on my big bike getting ready for the triple crown..endoking was going to join me but the temptation of whisstla has proven to great (fancy nancy).

I will be at the bottom of the old buck at 10 am and wearing a pink tu tu.

Well, I might not make it to Whistler, but I'm still not sure about being anywhere at 10 AM on a Saturday. It just seems unlikely. Why so early?

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 10, 2005, 2:03 p.m.

Which one? Chameleon? FSR? Rat has my Heckler, so it must be one of the first two.

I did part of the ride today on my road bike from my place in Lynn Valley over to the top of Cypress. I don't think I can survive 3 mountains in one day.

June 10, 2005, 6:10 p.m.

Well, I might not make it to Whistler, but I'm still not sure about being anywhere at 10 AM on a Saturday. It just seems unlikely. Why so early?

beat the heat ..

June 10, 2005, 6:50 p.m.

Which one? Chameleon? FSR? Rat has my Heckler, so it must be one of the first two.

I did part of the ride today on my road bike from my place in Lynn Valley over to the top of Cypress. I don't think I can survive 3 mountains in one day.

The Chameleon. It's lots of fun.