Sea to Sky Enduro Series

May 25, 2014, 7:51 a.m.

My legs are hurty.

Good times. Definitely lived up to the moniker "Wade's Excellent Adventure". I didn't study the map in great detail so experienced a few surprises like the traverse after Expresso, and didn't really know much about the zone where jerry-rig, pink starfish, etc were located. Nice to see new zones that fall outside my normal loops.

Huge props to the supporters (Rocky Mountain Bicycles, Marzocchi, Race Face, Bell Helmets, Oakley, Solestar) of the race. There was so much swag being thrown around afterwards at the pub. People were stoked!

Most importantly, huge thanks to Maya, Brian, Wade, and the slew of volunteers: NSMBA raised over $4500 for the trails! This more than covers any repairs required from the race so there's some good cash left for new and improved trails!

This pretty much covers it. Thanks Brian, Maya, Wade and all volunteers for a great day. It was clear that a ton of work went into making this an awesome event. It was the details - the ice cream truck, the food stop at the 5th, pulled pork at the end, the speed trap, Tippie keeping the energy high, tons of prizes (those who skipped the pub will want to go next time. There were more prizes than people).

May 25, 2014, 8:12 a.m.

very fun adventure. had a great time getting to ride a bunch of trails I have never ridden before. much thanks to every one involved.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

May 25, 2014, 9:39 a.m.

This pretty much covers it. Thanks Brian, Maya, Wade and all volunteers for a great day. It was clear that a ton of work went into making this an awesome event. It was the details - the ice cream truck, the food stop at the 5th, pulled pork at the end, the speed trap, Tippie keeping the energy high, tons of prizes (those who skipped the pub will want to go next time. There were more prizes than people).

Don't forget the bacon at the start! It was really an eating event with some riding thrown in.

May 25, 2014, 10:10 a.m.

Thanks to Brian, wade, and all the vollies and sponsors.
Wish I could have been there, had another baby girl yesterday!

May 25, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

My legs are hurty.

Good times. Definitely lived up to the moniker "Wade's Excellent Adventure". I didn't study the map in great detail so experienced a few surprises like the traverse after Expresso, and didn't really know much about the zone where jerry-rig, pink starfish, etc were located. Nice to see new zones that fall outside my normal loops.

Huge props to the supporters (Rocky Mountain Bicycles, Marzocchi, Race Face, Bell Helmets, Oakley, Solestar) of the race. There was so much swag being thrown around afterwards at the pub. People were stoked!

Most importantly, huge thanks to Maya, Brian, Wade, and the slew of volunteers: NSMBA raised over $4500 for the trails! This more than covers any repairs required from the race so there's some good cash left for new and improved trails!

^^Well said, it was a great time. These guys put in a ton of time, even fixing up sections late into Friday evening. Well deserved Kudos.

'"Now the speed trap prize for Marzocchi fork goes too….drum roll, the person with middle time through the trap". 8)

Well played Wade, well played;-)

Edit: removing the stair of dispair climb after the ice cream truck was a good move as well lol!

Steve

May 25, 2014, 11:05 a.m.

^^Well said, it was a great time. These guys put in a ton of time, even fixing up sections late into Friday evening. Well deserved Kudos.

'"Now the speed trap prize for Marzocchi fork goes too….drum roll, the person with middle time through the trap". 8)

Well played Wade, well played;-)

Edit: removing the stair of dispair climb after the ice cream truck was a good move as well lol!

Steve

Decided to drop that when realizing it would just be walked by many after getting that far into the course.

Don't worry it will likely come back in a Toonie :)

May 25, 2014, 12:58 p.m.

Thanks to Brian, wade, and all the vollies and sponsors.
Wish I could have been there, had another baby girl yesterday!

Double Dad!

Good luck with that dude.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 26, 2014, 9:50 a.m.

Little vid from Sat. I tried to get as many riders as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsMTHuO_Qwo

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 26, 2014, 10:24 a.m.

Great little vid. Good to see the the rippers out there.

May 26, 2014, 11:18 a.m.

Little vid from Sat. I tried to get as many riders as possible.

I didn't realize you made it around most of the course. Thanks for putting that together.

May 26, 2014, 11:26 a.m.

I didn't realize you made it around most of the course. Thanks for putting that together.

No worries. I thought I was going to have to work but we finished friday eve. Still, I would've been too tired to race so I thought I'd film the guys who don't make it into Connor's slick edits. Turns out hiking round the course was nearly as hard as racing!

- Morgman

May 26, 2014, 5:19 p.m.

nice little recap there JCL! stoked that you got a few of my better moments on the day…..suffice it to say, it was diverse and challenging at times for me! felt good but just general misadventure….wrong turn on stage 1, stage 2 had a weird air to tire burp to crash, tire held enough air to finish but it was only 10-12 psi. got a tube in that and poorly shot gunned a beer (thanks Dan's GF!!) and then had a great stage 3, apparently 3rd! stage 4 was decent with a few slide outs on the awkward roots on dreamweaver. stage 5 I tried to air something I shouldn't have right after the start and tore my derailleur in two, smashed the hanger and bent the chain….classic! Great day though, I really did have a lot of fun riding with quite a few different people, both old and new friends!

here's the stage time break out again, Masters dudes

May 26, 2014, 6:07 p.m.

Cheers!

I was wondering what happened to you in the results. You looked to be riding really solid.

- Morgman

May 29, 2014, 4:02 p.m.

Could someone please explain how to decipher the results from pro men. Don't quite understand what is going on in the spreadsheet. The times are supposed to be cumulative but things get wack at stage 4.

May 29, 2014, 6:14 p.m.

Just skip stage 4 and go straight to 5.