Sea to Sky Enduro Series

May 2, 2014, 9:28 p.m.

i'm riding squamish. emphasis on 'riding' rather than 'racing'; i haven't ridden any of these trails, so will be going in totally blind. yeah, i don't get out much. any punji stick [HTML_REMOVED] alligator infested chasm gaps i should keep a heads up for? i've got absolutely no idea what to expect, but i hear they make good trail in squampton so figured this would be a good motivator to check some out…

Trails are all fairly easy and super fun. I actually think the one you could do the most damage on is the first (Angry Midget) as it's warp factor 10 with some temptingly spaced lumps to double up.

You're gonna have a great time.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 2, 2014, 10:35 p.m.

Mind the rock rolls on Somewhere Over There (final segment). Sh*t will be slippery, and a few of them have prolonged consequences if you come in hot. It's all wheels on the ground, but the final one (rock to wood to rock) has a sharp right just after it. You will also be a bit more tired by then, so modulate modulate.
There are two large bridges on Angry Midget that will dorp to falt if you bring too much speed. Don't get carried away. There is also a medium one shortly after the first big one that carries air poorly. That being said, none of it exceeds single black.

The rest is pretty much straight forward and line of sight. Wish to f8ck I wasn't working and was joining the fun. Enjoy!

May 3, 2014, 5:34 p.m.

Race #1 in the bag. Really good fun, it was well organized and the vollies were amazing (as usual). Cool format, looking forward to Pemby! Well done Clarkee and co!

May 3, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

Thanks for the heads up; things went relatively smoothly for blind runs. Pretty cool extensive trail network. Lots of super fun lines in there. Organization was spot on, and the finish line beverages went down well. Great job to all involved; will have to get my ass up there for further exploration.

May 3, 2014, 11:05 p.m.

Super fun times out on the trails today. Good work SORCA crew!

Jon-boy.

May 5, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

Don't forget to sign up for the Pemberton event via WORCA. May 17th, course is looking good.

May 5, 2014, 4:41 p.m.

Anyone know what the deal is with Wades? It shows up on the website, but no info or active registration yet…

May 5, 2014, 5:12 p.m.

Anyone know what the deal is with Wades? It shows up on the website, but no info or active registration yet…

Register for Pemberton first then I'll let you register for WEA.

Deets will be up tonight.

May 7, 2014, 7:37 a.m.

re: the gryphon (looking at the the results) - would be cool to see an age breakdown for the open categories (ie, junior / senior / vet). there was certainly a good age spread on course (kids to we grizzled oldies); always nice to be able to compare times with your chronological peers.

May 7, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

Pemby event has a 35+ category! register, Brian and I are riding hardtails, let's make it interesting ye olde timers!

May 7, 2014, 9:08 a.m.

Pemby event has a 35+ category! register, Brian and I are riding hardtails, let's make it interesting ye olde timers!

I remember when Road Master was 32+. Mucho sandbagged action at the Masters Nationals lol! I'm already going through denial with this whole 35plus thing, but I do appreciate a split in the category. But I also prefer for these types of series having open men, then age categories, instead of "Pro', then open, even though actual Pro racers are doing them.

Oregon has a interesting category split. Pro, Cat 1, Cat 2, open etc. Give the rider more options. Adds to the complication though.

May 7, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

sounds like a cool event; i've never ridden pemby (apart from the slow food cycle), and my ht is gathering rust/dust in the garage. alas, have a familial camping engagement that w/e.

May 7, 2014, 2:01 p.m.

Thanks… for an awesome race last weekend!

Question for those of you familiar with Pemberton…

I have never ridden there and would like to do some exploring before enduro on 17th. I know course won't be released until day before but they have eluded to the areas (One Mile [HTML_REMOVED] Mackenzie)… anyone familiar with these areas care to speculate on what trails have a high probability of being included in race?

May 7, 2014, 9:21 p.m.

re: the gryphon (looking at the the results) - would be cool to see an age breakdown for the open categories (ie, junior / senior / vet). there was certainly a good age spread on course (kids to we grizzled oldies); always nice to be able to compare times with your chronological peers.

there were some issues separating the masters out from the open group, its being remedied…

May 9, 2014, 3:53 p.m.

Thanks… for an awesome race last weekend!

Question for those of you familiar with Pemberton…

I have never ridden there and would like to do some exploring before enduro on 17th. I know course won't be released until day before but they have eluded to the areas (One Mile [HTML_REMOVED] Mackenzie)… anyone familiar with these areas care to speculate on what trails have a high probability of being included in race?

I would try the following as a rough guess:

Fizzy pop
Dog beach
Pickle surprise
Blood, sweat and fear
Psychopath
Radio tower
MI
Crosstown traffic

Lots more by mosquito lake too

Have fun :)