Pickle surprise
Blood, sweat and fear
Psychopath
Radio tower
MI
Crosstown traffic

Lots more by mosquito lake too

Have fun :)

probably some good guesses in there, personally I'd also love to see the dh portion of breakaway, maybe back pains too…moose jah is a good ripper as well

May 12, 2014, 9:38 a.m.

Registration for WEA is open. Click it.

I was up riding some of the course last night. A couple surprises in hand for course stages. I think we've got a good balance of DH flow, DH tech, and pedalling/climbing. Wish I could share the course :shhh:

May 12, 2014, 1:13 p.m.

probably some good guesses in there, personally I'd also love to see the dh portion of breakaway, maybe back pains too…moose jah is a good ripper as well

Just wondering whether it's worth trying to pre-ride the NIMBY this Saturday (it's the best day of the weekend for me). Am I gonna be held up by all these slow enduro riders ont he way up Happy/Nimby/Let it go and whooped on the downhills????

May 12, 2014, 1:46 p.m.

Just wondering whether it's worth trying to pre-ride the NIMBY this Saturday (it's the best day of the weekend for me). Am I gonna be held up by all these slow enduro riders ont he way up Happy/Nimby/Let it go and whooped on the downhills????

You will not get whooped out on the downhills, no course overlap going down.

Might be some co-mingling on the climbs. Just yell "lycra clad XC dork coming through training for NIMBY" and enduro riders will gladly give way :)

Or sign up for the Enduro and ride some great trails that are not the NIMBY course and have a great time while directly supporting the PVTA with your entry fee.

May 12, 2014, 5 p.m.

Or sign up for the Enduro and ride some great trails that are not the NIMBY course and have a great time while directly supporting the PVTA with your entry fee.

What Shirk said. None of us fat enduro types to slow you down on the up if you start before eleven. There is some minor overlap on the down but an early start will alleviate that as well. Sure you aren't just trolling for course beta?

Course is looking sweeet.

May 12, 2014, 9:18 p.m.

What Sure you aren't just trolling for course beta?

But that would be unsportsmanlike… ;-)

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk

May 15, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

Tough course. Fingers crossed for overcast conditions!

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 15, 2014, 10:26 a.m.

Tough course. Fingers crossed for overcast conditions!

totally, a few gut puncher climbs on the mackenzie side! glad I rode the trombone last weekend!

May 15, 2014, 10:30 a.m.

It's been a couple years since I rode RT, I think it was when it first opened.

Soo it's basically looking like a blind ride for me. Fun times.

Any time I ride in Pemby I pray for overcast.

May 15, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

It's been a couple years since I rode RT, I think it was when it first opened.

Soo it's basically looking like a blind ride for me. Fun times.

Any time I ride in Pemby I pray for overcast.

if it's any consolation, I've ridden the one mile trails hardly at all, maybe one time each, and RT is better than overnight for sure! backpains is fast and flowy but pretty straight forward, just watch out for the tight steep berms!

May 15, 2014, 8:08 p.m.

if it's any consolation, I've ridden the one mile trails hardly at all, maybe one time each, and RT is better than overnight for sure! backpains is fast and flowy but pretty straight forward, just watch out for the tight steep berms!

Hm I'm somewhat surprised that we're doing RT and Backpains, that's just my fitness talking though.

For those that want the Beta, RT is dusty and loose in places, and there are lots of mini-stumps and such to watch out for in the first couple of sections. If you're going to pre-ride anything, I reckon RT is the one…the other trails are all pretty much fast, flowy senders, really really fun trails.

One major thing to be aware of, mosquitos are BRUTAL right now, just saying…keep your PSI high and pray you don't flat ;).

Good luck and have fun!

May 16, 2014, 10:30 a.m.

It seems like folks are concerned about the amount of climbing on the Pemberton course. Just to clarify, you really only climb to the top of 1 Mile once. As for Mackenzie, you are able to slowly work your way up the hill in ever expanding loops. Remember, it's enduro and you are allowed to take your time. You also pass the aid station twice (if coming up from the gravel pit) or three times (if accessing via Happy/Waco).

I am also getting some feedback that riders are concerned about Rusty Trombone. The top has been recently brushed. The cut off to Overnight eliminates the fall line gnar. What is left is the top rock rolls, the step up (which can be ridden around to the immediate right), and the tricky right hander to slab move. If you can ride Overnight, you can ride this version of Rusty Trombone.

May 16, 2014, 10:43 a.m.

Shirk, RT hasn't changed since it was new. Also, with the new bypass to Overnight, you eliminate the steeper bits at the bottom that would probably be dangerous to 1/2 the field. Rode RT last weekend and it was in fine shape, top to bottom.

May 16, 2014, 10:45 a.m.

said it on the facebook post, will say it here, RT is way better than overnight, I prefer it on my hardtail, way less chunder….and people whining about climbing need to HTFU.

May 16, 2014, 3:32 p.m.

Former shuttlewhores no doubt.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman