Sam Hill to Specialized?

Aug. 6, 2008, 10:18 p.m.

said rider did not race because of the fact he didnt like the gaps as much as he got 3 pre-runs in 8 hours

[extreme sarcarm] Because whats the point in racing if you wont win???? [/extreme sarcasm]

Aug. 7, 2008, 12:36 a.m.

sam is on specialized for 09 if the money is right !!

Aug. 7, 2008, 8:37 a.m.

the thread is back, although still closed, on RM…….'
actually it says it should be open today,WTF.
i guess the thread just needed some time alone to sort things out.

Aug. 7, 2008, 8:50 a.m.

the thread is back, although still closed, on RM…….'
actually it says it should be open today,WTF.
i guess the thread just needed some time alone to sort things out.

i got lots of hate mail for my anti-specialized sentiments in that thread. It made me EL OH EL a few times at work :)

So here is a question…does Hill's contract end at the end of this season or at the end of the 09 season? I assume with all this talk about him on this bike or that for 09 it ends at the finish of 08 but I don't recall ever knowing the answer to that. Since the 09 Sunday is the last Sunday, it would be pretty neat to watch Hill end his contract on the last Sunday to be made.

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Aug. 7, 2008, 10:23 a.m.

I always laugh at all the "inside" information on the net.

For the record Sean I think that the Demos are lousy DH bikes as well. I've ridden a bunch and it was ho hum, especially compared to the Sunday.

For all the Specialized lovers out there, get over it. They are largely known for pushing goofy technology and marketing it as innovation. How about the Big Hits that came with 24" rear ends- the Smart Shock- lots of show doesnt always mean alot of go.

Also for all you granolas, I believe they were the first to push concept store, that means all Specialized, from tubes to gloves to bikes. Killing small shops along the way to corporate domination. Back in the day the were the first to kill off Downhill bikes.

There are so many good reasons to support bike companies other than Specialized. Buy a Transistion, or a COVE.

I'm done, if you flame me your a nerd.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Aug. 7, 2008, 10:38 a.m.

I sometimes like to make up rumours and then see how many forums the "inside tip" winds up on :lol:

Remember the DW link/Norco rumour??

ahh, that was amusing.

Aug. 7, 2008, 10:43 a.m.

Sam Hill is quitting MTB in '10 to ride Motocross full time.

I read it on the internet somewhere. MUST BE TRUE.

oh hai!

DW Link, that reminds me of a certain DiscoWitch that Im glad I seldom see links for around here.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

I sometimes like to make up rumours and then see how many forums the "inside tip" winds up on :lol:

Remember the DW link/Norco rumour??

ahh, that was amusing.

evil evil man. +rep for you. keep up the good work :)

hol-ee shit but that's a big hole :eek:

Aug. 7, 2008, 10:44 a.m.

there is a lot more moola in moto, and from what I've heard he could make a go of it. Apparently he rides his moto more in the off season and he's f-in quick.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Aug. 7, 2008, 10:46 a.m.

I heard someone saw Sam Hill riding a Sideshow's Norco while doing some secret filming for next CKD

Aug. 7, 2008, 1:38 p.m.

For the record Sean I think that the Demos are lousy DH bikes as well.

Inside word has it, that Sam Hill has been on the hunt for a better DH bike since his first loss this year. Word also has it that Specialized has refused to offer any salary but Sam has finally talked them into a huge swap….lifetime supply of Monster for the Specialized prez and VP inturn for the use of 2 demo8 for the 09 season and the use of the company van on weekends……

Aug. 7, 2008, 1:46 p.m.

I wonder if the additional seatstay will play a part in getting Sam back to total WC dominance

Aug. 7, 2008, 2:52 p.m.

I wonder if the additional seatstay will play a part in getting Sam back to total WC dominance

don't be silling….of course it will.

Aug. 7, 2008, 3:29 p.m.

He's riding for Canadian Tire. It'll be announced over Crankworks.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman