Sam Hill to Specialized?

Aug. 5, 2008, 2:15 p.m.

Nothing like firing up the www gossip column with unsubstantiated rumours!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207087

It would be a wise move by Specialized, they've got the bike, all they need is the rider with the biggest fanclub to sell it to the world.

Aug. 5, 2008, 2:39 p.m.

It would be a wise move by Specialized, they've got the bike,

No they don't. What they HAVE is a need to introduce a new rig for 2010 that is worth someone like Hill riding. No more sub seatstay nonsense. Time for the SW Dh bike to make a reappearance…..

Aug. 5, 2008, 2:41 p.m.

I just read that too. Seems likely given that Kyle Strait is their only racer and he is more of an all rounder. Wonder if/when the bushy-eyebrowed one will announce his ride for next year.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Aug. 5, 2008, 3:15 p.m.

hes not the only racer specialized has a whole team america race team

:safrica:

Aug. 5, 2008, 3:19 p.m.

Ha, yeah sorry I forgot about them because they are so well promoted

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Aug. 5, 2008, 6:51 p.m.

hes not the only racer specialized has a whole team america race team

umm team america is more decline mag then it is specialized…isn't it?

i think it'ed be great if Sam rode for Specialized….return of the horstlink to world dominance

Aug. 5, 2008, 6:55 p.m.

http://www.declineteamamerica.com/

Aug. 5, 2008, 7:45 p.m.

shit they could save tons of cash and just pull one of these out of the back for him, it's not going to matter what he rides.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/740928327.html

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 5, 2008, 8:01 p.m.

After a cetain "Team America" rider pulled a hissy fit at the Arduum Challenge, would have a hard time cheering for anyone on a Demo.

Team America rider: "That last gap seems pretty dangerous, maybe there should be a case pad"

organizer: "Well there is a ridearound that you can take, but I see you ride a custom painted Demo"

Said rider left shortly after. got a big fat DNS

Aug. 5, 2008, 8:15 p.m.

Yeah but didn't Tyler Morland and Kenny Smith do the same thing?

What bikes were they riding? :lol:

Aug. 5, 2008, 8:37 p.m.

After a cetain "Team America" rider pulled a hissy fit at the Arduum Challenge, would have a hard time cheering for anyone on a Demo.

Team America rider: "That last gap seems pretty dangerous, maybe there should be a case pad"

organizer: "Well there is a ridearound that you can take, but I see you ride a custom painted Demo"

said rider did not race because of the fact he didnt like the gaps as much as he got 3 pre-runs in 8 hours

Aug. 5, 2008, 9:12 p.m.

I just read that too. Seems likely given that Kyle Strait is their only racer and he is more of an all rounder. Wonder if/when the bushy-eyebrowed one will announce his ride for next year.

i heard the reason why he started racing is because specialized thought he was getting fat

also, i find it more beleiveable to see him riding a trek. since i can imagine them wanting to find much more household name than nico vink to represent their latest and greatest in technological advances.

Ridemonkey Forums turning into the new Pinkbike?

Aug. 5, 2008, 9:45 p.m.

Hey, that ridearound can be dangerous too! :lol:

Aug. 5, 2008, 9:48 p.m.

said rider did not race because of the fact he didnt like the gaps as much as he got 3 pre-runs in 8 hours

Where's the race he's building/organizing next year??

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 5, 2008, 10:52 p.m.

No they don't. What they HAVE is a need to introduce a new rig for 2010 that is worth someone like Hill riding. No more sub seatstay nonsense. Time for the SW Dh bike to make a reappearance…..

The geo is pure DH and the frame is lighter than most. The axel path is very similiar to the Sunday as well. The bike can out turn anything out there with its short stays… just because the Big S doesn't throw tonnes of money into WC racing doesn't mean its not DH worthy.

And with Kyle Strait, he makes his own decision whether to ride SS or DH. The kid is one of the most talented all around rider out there.

/end of rant

:canada: