sam hill goes full enduro!

Sept. 29, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

Sam really gone full enduro. He's rocking the hand guards like Nico.

Oct. 2, 2016, 12:06 p.m.

So Loic Bruni and Greg Minaar raced the EWS this weekend… neither had competitive times (on any stages). Do you think this is more because they just aren't taking it seriously and also don't want to get injured? Or is it just a different skillset required for enduro (i.e. multi stage) races?

Oct. 2, 2016, 1:39 p.m.

They didn't practise (At least in Gregs case.) rode all stages blind.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 2, 2016, 10:27 p.m.

They didn't practise (At least in Gregs case.) rode all stages blind.

I think Minnar, Peat, Bruni, Dale and a couple others all rode it blind. Minnaar mentioned on IG it was to see how many of the privateers do those weekends.

Oct. 4, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

Yep, they didn't practice and likely weren't going 100% although who knows. They also aren't on their enduro bikes as often as the EWS guys. If they switched over obviously they would be competitive given their DH skills.

I do have to compliment EWS on the summary videos they put out from each race. 20-25 minutes of very well edited highlights and interviews. Would be cool if they could figure out engaging live coverage but when an event is taking place over 5-10 hours and sometimes 2 days that is easier said than done.

Oct. 4, 2016, 4:53 p.m.

Yep, they didn't practice and likely weren't going 100% although who knows. They also aren't on their enduro bikes as often as the EWS guys. If they switched over obviously they would be competitive given their DH skills.

I do have to compliment EWS on the summary videos they put out from each race. 20-25 minutes of very well edited highlights and interviews. Would be cool if they could figure out engaging live coverage but when an event is taking place over 5-10 hours and sometimes 2 days that is easier said than done.

Perhaps they could have it so that the last stage of each event is like the "premier stage" and have that broadcast live. I guess sort of like they do for the Whistler EWS but just with a little bit more comprehensive coverage. In other words, sort of just treat the last stage as if it were a WC DH race. I guess the only downside is that it wouldn't be as exciting since going into this last stage you would have one rider who is already 25 seconds ahead in the overall timing, etc., so the specific time on the last stage isn't as important as it would be in a single stage race (i.e. WC DH). That's the best idea I can come up with…

Oct. 8, 2017, 10:30 p.m.

Dude is amazing for sure, and you have to love how laid back he is in interviews. Managed to see a bit of his riding in person in Whistler EWS this year... crazy how close he was to Melamed on his home trails.