Riding an 2015 Enduro in the Sea to Sky? Ride for TFK!

March 17, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

Trips for Kids Vancouver is launching the Sea to Sky Region's first Enduro Team (also the first community-supported Enduro Team!) and looking for like-minded riders to simply Ride for TFK to fundraise to send youth with barriers mountain biking.

We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary of providing free access to Vancouver's outdoor for youth with barriers in 2015 with our upcoming Summer Rides Program. Major milestone.

Concept is simple, fun and not-hyper-competitive. If you're planning on riding in any local Enduro (BC Enduro Series, Sea to Sky Series, NSMBA Toonies) simply fundraise a minimum of $200 from friends and family, we'll throw you a sweet Enduro jersey and you'll get the camaraderie of riding for a small team supporting a noble cause. Not a whole lot different than just showing up for the race!

There is currently six committed riders for 2015 with a number of men capable of cracking the top 20 at any NSMBA Toonie and a real fast lady too! All weekend warriors and all riding for fun though. We got one rider representing at the Crankworx Enduro who actually managed to secure a spot in first 30 seconds of registration!

We need the local MTB community to support TFK to ensure its future! Since 2001 we have provided access to Vancouver's great outdoors to over 3000 youth with barriers via our mountain bike excursion adventures that get kids out of the city and into nature - free of charge.

www.tfkvancouver.org

If you're interested contact me at andre(at)tfkvancouver(dot)org

I'm the 6"4 tall lanky guy from the NSMBA toonies (A tall MTBer?? Can't miss me…). Also former staff of TFK and have sat on the board for last 10 years.

Keep your eyes on NSMB.com for an article chronicling the untold history of TFK in Vancouver that will launch April.

March 18, 2015, 12:58 p.m.

fantastic organization and fantastic idea!

picture of said jersey might help sweeten the pot

are you going to be riding your 24" wheeled norco bigfoot with monster t's at any of the nssmba toonies?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 18, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

Just locked down final version of jersey which is below…sweeten the pot. Coming from Kazoom who is doing BC Enduro Series, Trans NZ, etc. Have to imagine a bit.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz125/dr_airtime/TFK%20Enduro%20Jersey_zpsjzpfekwm.jpg

Boomforreal I think you know me from the Circa-2005 days. I wish I still had that bike for the 2015 Wade's excellent adventure!

April 21, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

It's not too late to join the 2015 TFK Enduro team. All team riders below are in it for the fun and to give back to Vancouver Youth to help give them the experience of mountain biking in Vancouver's great outdoors. Lots of extra jerseys so contact andre(at)tfkvancouver(dot)org if you're interested in joining our crew. Good Karma. One Fiver is enough:

Daniel "Average Fanny Pack" M.
Ned "Pretty darn fast" A.
Fred "Don't let the trackstand fool you" G.
Andre "El Capitain" P.
Laura "Gymnastics Ripper" K.
Andrew "Goodbye to Alberta" V.
Fleurie "TFK Veteran" H.

April 29, 2015, 11:52 a.m.

Donation links with some bios for the TFK Enduro Team. You'll see us at tomorrow's Fiver, Sunday's Sunshine Coast BC Enduro, and the North Van BC Enduro the week after. Hoping 2015 is the year of TFK and we can rally the community's support around this great initiative to ensure Trips for Kids Vancouver has at least another 15 years ahead!

Look for our detailed article chronicling TFK's 15 year history in Vancouver dropping on NSMB.COM soon too!

https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/trips-kids-enduro-team

April 29, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

Since some would argue if Enduro is "racing" I'm going to move this thread over to "The Shore" thread simply in the interest of getting TFK some more exposure. Thanks! Andre (tallest guy on a mountain bike on the shore)